Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

XP11 pb15 lighting and autogen tests... Wow!!!

Guest Mik75
14 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Bit more proof why this will be my only flightsim - no looking back - great stuff Mike 

Yeah! I am loving it as well! ;-)

15 hours ago, jymp said:

I can hear the moaning and nashing of teeth now... the colors look pretty bland to me.

Lots of people have this. Let us know if you would like us to recommend a good optometrist...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Lots of people have this. Let us know if you would like us to recommend a good optometrist...

1+  :biggrin:

Rich Sennett

Guest Mik75
27 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

+2 😂

It's always question of taste. But XP11's lighting and atmospheric effects are definitely extremely realistic!

Guest Mik75
39 minutes ago, BadKarmaPT said:

WOW!

;-)

Great set of pics there!

I'm happy to see that X-Plane is still around.  Sooner or later I'll have to buy a new system and I will purchase whatever version of X-plane that is around at that time.  My current system is only a 2.3 GHZ machine which runs FS-X fairly well, but it doesn't have enough performance for XP-11.  When Microsoft pulled out of the sim business I thought the hobby was going to stagnate, but with XP-11 and Prepare3D the hobby seems to have more activity.

John

Guest Mik75
37 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

Great set of pics there!

I'm happy to see that X-Plane is still around.  Sooner or later I'll have to buy a new system and I will purchase whatever version of X-plane that is around at that time.  My current system is only a 2.3 GHZ machine which runs FS-X fairly well, but it doesn't have enough performance for XP-11.  When Microsoft pulled out of the sim business I thought the hobby was going to stagnate, but with XP-11 and Prepare3D the hobby seems to have more activity.

John

Correct! There is a bright future ahead for our hobby! ;-)

Thanks a lot for commenting!

20 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

Quite frankly, P3D's autogen system is garbage compared to what X-Plane's OpenGL engine can pump out and I don't suspect that will change, even with 64-bit P3D unless the rendering engine itself is changed to support plane to horizon Autogen like XP11 can do.

And keep in mind that eventually within XP11 run, X-Plane will move to Vulcan API, equivalent to DX12. What that actually means is that the developers will have access and better control close to the metal of CPUs, which allows for greater  optimization, thus big performance gains! 

• Upvote 1

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

Guest Mik75

Thx a lot for all your nice comments! If you have a look at how XPX evolved during its development process, I am really looking forward to having countless hours of enjoyment, and stunning moments with XP11! 

Great shots Michael. Like others here I'm bowled over by XP especially with v11 and its noticable improvements over v10. The more I add and the more used I get to its workings, the less I use P3D, which is still as stunning flight sim without doubt. There is something fresh and alive about XP that I love.

Guest Mik75
55 minutes ago, Novation said:

Great shots Michael. Like others here I'm bowled over by XP especially with v11 and its noticable improvements over v10. The more I add and the more used I get to its workings, the less I use P3D, which is still as stunning flight sim without doubt. There is something fresh and alive about XP that I love.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, XP is really a highly enjoyable sim platform. As a long time XPX user (and XP9 before), I have to say that the difference to XPX might not be a huge one (especially when compared to what happened between 9 and 10), but with the high standards that we have today graphics wise, it's not easy to keep things getting better and better. But XP11's graphic engine is the new standard for civilian flight sim platforms for sure. Out of the box, I've never seen better lighting and atmospheric effects!