I'm using the FF 757 v2 on x-plane 11.  I have assigned the reverse thrust to a button on my saitek throttle, using "hold throttle reverse at max".  I am only getting the right engine to reverse.  Any ideas out there??  I don't understand all the thrust reverse #1-8 choices.

Thanks

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

FWIW, I heard back from Flight Factor support in re this question.  Their response:

pb15 has an issue with reverse 

Your FlightFactor Helpdesk Team,

So, I guess I will submit a bug notification to LR.  :)

Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Hello Don,

you get eight different commands as you can manage eight different engines, so it could be very possible that you're using the command tied to the right engine.

I'm not using these commands so I could be wrong, but try to use either sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle or sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold instead.

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

54 minutes ago, alfamike said:

Hello Don,

you get eight different commands as you can manage eight different engines, so it could be very possible that you're using the command tied to the right engine.

I'm not using these commands so I could be wrong, but try to use either sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle or sim/engines/thrust_reverse_hold instead.

I have tried all the avilable reverser choices I think.  Are there aircraft with 8 engines?  :)  Oh yea, the spruce goose had 8.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, toothjockey said:

I have tried all the avilable reverser choices I think.  Are there aircraft with 8 engines?  :)  Oh yea, the spruce goose had 8.

Thanks

Don't think the Spruce Goose had reversers though...but a B52 may and it has 8 as well.

Even though Flight Factor says "pb15 has an issue with reverse" , I notice that I get both engines to thrust reverse with both the IXEG 733, and the default 737 800.  Looks more like a FF problem to me.  I wouldn't judge, but FF has stated the 757 is 11 compatible.

I've bee using 757 v2 through beta 14 without any problem with thrust reverse. I use default keyboard shortcut "###### /" and crank throttles all forward for max reverse, then I move throttles back to idle and press "SHIFT /" again to shift back to normal thrust.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I've bee using 757 v2 through beta 14 without any problem with thrust reverse. I use default keyboard shortcut "###### /" and crank throttles all forward for max reverse, then I move throttles back to idle and press "SHIFT /" again to shift back to normal thrust.

When I use the "shift /" toggle, I only get the right engine showing thrust reverse, not the left.  It is probably a combination of pb15 and FF not playing well together.  Does your nosewheel move with rudder pedal movement?  I think this is also a pb15 problem.

2 hours ago, toothjockey said:

When I use the "shift /" toggle, I only get the right engine showing thrust reverse, not the left.  It is probably a combination of pb15 and FF not playing well together.  Does your nosewheel move with rudder pedal movement?  I think this is also a pb15 problem.

I haven't tried FF to fly in PB15 but presumably the only difference between PB14 and PB15 is change in planemaker which was crashing upon start in PM14, the rest of the stuff exactly the same.

I'm using X52 stick and CH rudders. I don't have separate controls for each engine. Do you?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

no, don't have separate controls for each engine.

Both of my problems (nosewheel steering and only one thrust reverser working) have been solved with the latest update from ff, that is ver 2.0.23.  I don't know if it was the update or if it was uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft, but all is good now.

Thanks