Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

QualityWings 757 AutoPilot Disconnect Problems

Hello all,

I've just started encountering issues with the QualityWings 757 in Prepar3D V3.4. When I disconnect the autopilot the aircraft does not respond to my joystick inputs. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? I think it could possibly be connected with FSUIPC. I had this issue on my old PC and I managed to fix it but I can't remember how I did it. I am able to control the aircraft perfectly fine on take off and climb and then engage the autopilot. It is when I disconnect it the aircraft is unresponsive to my joystick inputs.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

I don't have the product but are you sure the AP is disconnected? What happens if you turn the heading knob - will the a/c turn? Most AP will give you an audio warning tone when it is disconnected.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Wondering the same as vgbaron: how are you disconnecting Athe P? And I wonder...are you using 'LITE' mode. I fly the plane a lot in P3D and have never econountered this. I use LITE mode, btw.

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I don't have the product but are you sure the AP is disconnected? What happens if you turn the heading knob - will the a/c turn? Most AP will give you an audio warning tone when it is disconnected.

Vic

3 hours ago, Rainydaze said:

Wondering the same as vgbaron: how are you disconnecting Athe P? And I wonder...are you using 'LITE' mode. I fly the plane a lot in P3D and have never econountered this. I use LITE mode, btw.

Greg

Hi Vic & Greg, 

Thanks for your responses. I've been pressing the Z key and it then makes the warning sound and it is just very slow to respond to my joystick inputs. How do you set up Lite mode? I might try this and see if it has any impact. 

Thanks for your comments,

Jonathan 

- Jonathan Daley

Lower left of the VC there's a button with a "QW" to the right of it which opens the QW Control Panel. click on the 'Panel Mode' switch.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

1 hour ago, Rainydaze said:

Lower left of the VC there's a button with a "QW" to the right of it which opens the QW Control Panel. click on the 'Panel Mode' switch.

Hello Greg,

Just wanted to thank you for your assistance with my issue. Switching the panel mode to Lite seems to have rectified my problem.

Thanks once again, have a great weekend.

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

51 minutes ago, Jonathan93102 said:

Hello Greg,

Just wanted to thank you for your assistance with my issue. Switching the panel mode to Lite seems to have rectified my problem.

Thanks once again, have a great weekend.

Jonathan

Sadly the issue is still the same in Lite mode, on disconnecting the auto pilot the aircraft won't respond to joystick movements for about 20-30 seconds. It's got me really puzzled.

Thanks,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Hmmmm, maybe another key or button assigned to AP on/off, conflicting perhaps?

This is probably unrelated... but make sure that you only press "Z" (or other assigned button) once.  On more advanced aircraft (PMDG, etc.), the key is normally pressed once to disengage and then again to silence the alarm.  On the QW757, the second press actually reengages the autopilot in pitch mode... kind of a bummer when trying to flare :ohmy: