Sign in to follow this  
kiwi_biplane

New free sky textures and the sun glow effect for P3D (FSX)

Hi guys!
You can try out my new set of sky textures "ORIOLE" and the effect of the sun glow.
I recommend using the preset for PTA from Yuriy (KNOSSOS), which is included.

http://1coder.ru/SKY/downloads.html
 Installation:
- download set you like by pressing a button under the screenshot;
- find “Texture” folder in the simulator instalation directory and back it up;
- unpack the archive and copy all 140 files from the folder to “Texture” directory and confirm relplacement of the files;

I wish you successful flights!

f328e0b14de0.jpg

a4c355a46ab8.jpg

42c4260b2f6a.jpg

44cd0158f09f.jpg

Sun glow effect (with installation guide)
c972117685a5.jpg

2713f7fbbfcd.jpg

1cce68a85eee.jpg

The effect has the same drawbacks as the "lens flare" in the simulator:
- Shines through opaque objects;
- a visible sharp border of the line of sight.

c39750c444e3.jpg

059ccdd1d82d.jpg

f2d809356cd2.jpg

• Upvote 6

Gennadiy

Hi Folks,

Those pix look STUNNING...

I'll have to give this a try...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Question: we need, por example, the Cold Textures and the ASCA ones or ASCA are enough?

I'll test this later. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

It's a new set and it is not included in the ASCA package on my site, but you can add it on your own, using ASCA manual.

If you are asking about the "Cold" set is present in the ASCA package, so the ASCA package from here will be enough.

http://1coder.ru/SKY/ready.html

• Upvote 1

Gennadiy

hi, excellent screenshot!

a few questions regarding the ASCA sets, on your website, it says "This will provide you with 11 day sets for dynamic change with ASCA. Please don't forget to activate them in ASCA Wx Influence Configurator." How do I know that it is a 11 day sets and every day is different? And how to activate them in Wx Influence? Can you elaborate?

Also, in the ASCA manual, it says "Wx profiles/assignments are NOT USED for FULL DYNAMICS Theme Mode." so I guess you can only use Global Automatic Mode?

• Upvote 1

Wow. That looks amazing 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jayren said:

a few questions regarding the ASCA sets, on your website, it says "This will provide you with 11 day sets for dynamic change with ASCA. Please don't forget to activate them in ASCA Wx Influence Configurator." How do I know that it is a 11 day sets and every day is different? And how to activate them in Wx Influence? Can you elaborate?

Also, in the ASCA manual, it says "Wx profiles/assignments are NOT USED for FULL DYNAMICS Theme Mode." so I guess you can only use Global Automatic Mode?

Thank you, guys!

6a116cdf3c44.jpg

2ed8c90e194d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Gennadiy

Gennadiy

What PTA set are you using?

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

What PTA set are you using?

Hello, Erich!
Now I'm using P3D 4. This version of the simulator has its own lighting features, so I tried to make my preset and new sky textures. They are not yet on the site. You can take it here. Separately, textures with other presets and a separate preset with other textures will not look very good, so it's advisable to use them together.

By Regards

Gennadiy

thanks for the excellent instruction, i've set it up and will start enjoying them soon.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2017 at 9:22 AM, kiwi_biplane said:

Hello, Erich!
Now I'm using P3D 4. This version of the simulator has its own lighting features, so I tried to make my preset and new sky textures. They are not yet on the site. You can take it here. Separately, textures with other presets and a separate preset with other textures will not look very good, so it's advisable to use them together.

By Regards

Love you work Kiwi! Will the sun effect work in V4? I am using the suneffect.cfg and textures provided on the website but I see no effect. Maybe new features for V4?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wideloadwhit said:

Love you work Kiwi! Will the sun effect work in V4? I am using the suneffect.cfg and textures provided on the website but I see no effect. Maybe new features for V4?

Thanks! 

The effect has the same drawbacks as the "lens flare" in the simulator. The effect works in P3D v4. If you did everything according to the manual and corrected "cameras. cfg" then the effect should be visible from several cameras of appearance and from the cockpit. The effect is not visible from all the cameras and only when looking at the sun with small angles left and right (as well as the effect of lens flare). The darker the textures of the sky, and the lower the flight altitude, the more noticeable the effect.

By Regards

Spoiler

Insatllation:

- copy 2 files from "Texture" folder to the simulator's folder with the same name;
- backup original suneffect.cfg file at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3;
- copy suneffect.cfg from this kit and paste it at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and agree on replacement;
- the "Display lens flare" checkbox in the "lighting" menu of the simulator must be active.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deactivating the effect:
- Disable the "lens flare" checkbox in the menu.

Uninstalling:
- return the original suneffect.cfg;

The effect uses its own files and does not make any changes to the original simulator textures.
Files "kiwi_glow2.dds" and "kiwi_sunglow.dds" from the "Texture" folder can not be deleted if you plan to use the effect in the future.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effect is not avalible for all view modes.
To enable it for the virtual cockpit viev, open cameras.cfg (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\cameras.cfg)

Find block starting with:

[CameraDefinition.XXX] 
Title = Virtual Cockpit

And replace "ShowLensFlare=FALSE" line with "ShowLensFlare=TRUE"

• Upvote 1

Gennadiy

Gennadly, amazing skies you have, could you please tell me what cloud textures you are using and what PTA presets you're using? I want to get similar skies to yours.

I recently bought ENVTEX because a lot of people seemed hyped about it, but it seems like the sky textures aren't that mind blowing to me. Yours look much better. I don't know what the point is anymore for me to use ENVTEX, since I was really interested in just the sky color textures and not the other stuff.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thank you, Aaron!

Yes, there are presets for PTA on the site with textures, but they are all made for previous versions of the simulator, in which we used by Yuri's excellent free program (KNOSSOS). Textures of the sky can be used in the 64-bit version, but the presets need to be reworked. Unfortunately now I do not have much time for hobbies, but in the future I plan to make either corrected presets for all textures or I will try to create one universal for oll my textures. Clouds you can use any. Their brightness and color in the daytime, morning and evening is fully encoded in the textures of the sky. Brightness and saturation can be corrected in PTA. 

Most often I use a set of clouds "FEX Set naturally Dence 1024"

By Regards

Gennadiy