Sign in to follow this  
kiwi_biplane

New free sky textures and the sun glow effect for P3D (FSX)

24 minutes ago, lidorx7 said:

Hi kiwi,

looks amazing, i need to disable ENVTEX sky textures and install your sky textures into ASCA + enable dynamic sky in order to make it work?

thanks!

You need to disable ENVTEX.

You also need to follow the instruction on the textures for ASCA page.

There is a learning curve if you want to use ASCA along with KIWI textures in dynamic/global mode which IMO are best available for any sim.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I can confirm this. I disabled ENVTEX for the sky textures and now use the Set "Sky Mix". 
The sky color for my taste is now perfect. It has a nice gradient transition of the white color at the bottom to more blue at the top.
A bit hard to describe but I would really recommend everyone to try them. 

Bye

Jan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jan Urban said:

I can confirm this. I disabled ENVTEX for the sky textures and now use the Set "Sky Mix". 
The sky color for my taste is now perfect. It has a nice gradient transition of the white color at the bottom to more blue at the top.
A bit hard to describe but I would really recommend everyone to try them. 

Bye

Jan

Don’t see sky mix..would like to try it 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Hi kiwi, can you share the ASCA new set for the V4? on your site its still the old one.

i want all the sky set, it looks beautiful! 

do you recommend any tomato preset ? 

thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks, Jose! Thank you, Jan!

On 7/17/2018 at 5:15 PM, reecemj said:

Don’t see sky mix..would like to try it 

Now on the site you can download all the files from the old site into one archive and choose a set for yourself. Textures of the Sky "MIX" too.

d78fe40f88b2.jpg

2 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

Hi kiwi, can you share the ASCA new set for the V4? on your site its still the old one.

i want all the sky set, it looks beautiful! 

do you recommend any tomato preset ? 

Recently, I'm busy and rarely run the simulator, so for the 4th version there are so few textures. For the same reason, I did not do 10-day kits and kits for ASKA. I'm sorry.
I have no Tomatoshade, so I do not know which of the presets you recommend. In the very near future I plan to add a modified folder with shaders, which can be used as a full alternative to the PTA preset in version 4.3 simmers that do not have this program.

• Like 1

Gennadiy

9 minutes ago, kiwi_biplane said:

Recently, I'm busy and rarely run the simulator, so for the 4th version there are so few textures. For the same reason, I did not do 10-day kits and kits for ASKA. I'm sorry.
I have no Tomatoshade, so I do not know which of the presets you recommend. In the very near future I plan to add a modified folder with shaders, which can be used as a full alternative to the PTA preset in version 4.3 simmers that do not have this program.

im looking forward for that!

can you tell me what is the similar set for this kind of textuers for V4 that you have on your site?

thanks!

e84797ca3f8b.jpg

• Like 1

I would love to get those sky textures from this "new site" I read about in this thread, but every time I click the link on the first page of this thread, I get to some Russian language page called Netangels? Certainly not a place to download sky textures... Can somebody please supply me with a link to the site where I can download these sky textures and a manual for how to install them?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I would love to get those sky textures from this "new site" I read about in this thread, but every time I click the link on the first page of this thread, I get to some Russian language page called Netangels? Certainly not a place to download sky textures... Can somebody please supply me with a link to the site where I can download these sky textures and a manual for how to install them?

http://www.skyforsim.ga/p3dv4

you choose a pack that you want and inside the zip there is installation guide

• Like 1

No problem here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Benjamin,

Are you using ASCA?

32 minutes ago, DJJose said:

No problem here.

Weird.

Doing online ping (ping.eu), I get no IPv4-address. Only IPv6... I have IPv6 currently off, didn't configure it yet. I reckon that might be the reason. But, the first time I see a website having IPv6 exclusively. Can you please confirm? Can you ping www.skyforsim.ga from your computer, do you get IPv4 Address?

anyone getting virus warning when trying to download?

5 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

http://www.skyforsim.ga/p3dv4

you choose a pack that you want and inside the zip there is installation guide

Excellent, thanks!

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Benjamin,

Are you using ASCA?

Yes, yes I am. I figured from this thread that getting them all to play nice can be a little complicated, right?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case