Sign in to follow this  
kiwi_biplane

New free sky textures and the sun glow effect for P3D (FSX)

I like the look of your new Sky textures Kiwi, think I will give them a go also, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for sharing !!!

:biggrin:

Will give them a go...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Thanks for the new textures.

For those who use ASCA, you can add kiwi textures using the ASCA UI.

See this link:

http://1coder.ru/SKY/ready.html

this is great news

• Upvote 1

Awesome work Kiwi! Would also love to have a PTA preset to go along with these new textures if possible.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Awesome work Kiwi! Would also love to have a PTA preset to go along with these new textures if possible.

There should be one in the zipped folder.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hello Kiwi I truly love your sky textures! Absolutely stunning! I want to ask you a question regarding the scattered sunlight effect (which btw is amazing) I find the sunsize to be kind of big (2072) and I’d like to tweak it down to 900. I’ve tried several tweaks but still no luck. Any chance you could help me with this? Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely *LOVE* these textures and PTA presets! Having multiple sets to choose from really increases the amount of variation, especially when you throw ASCA into the mix.

Thank you so much for creating them and sharing them with the flightsim community. Many of these sets blow the ones that come with commercial utilities out of the water in terms of realism and variety. Great work. :)

• Upvote 1

Andrew Walker

Thank you all for the good feedback on my work!

On 17.10.2017 at 8:11 PM, MichaelLowl said:

Is ther a all in one PTA preset for 2.60 we can use?

On 17.10.2017 at 8:31 PM, captain420 said:

Would also love to have a PTA preset to go along with these new textures if possible.

I recommend an excellent job: Pilot Pete`s PTA Preset. Preset perfectly fits to any textures of the sky.

17 hours ago, patrico16 said:

I want to ask you a question regarding the scattered sunlight effect (which btw is amazing) I find the sunsize to be kind of big (2072) and I’d like to tweak it down to 900. I’ve tried several tweaks but still no luck. Any chance you could help me with this? Thank you and keep up the good work.

For the glow effect, I made new textures and fixed "suneffect.cfg".   Now the sun will not have large dimensions near the horizon (screenshots under the spoiler). Download can be from here.

Spoiler

f72c9ba7d40d.jpg

4e24297f8680.jpg

4 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Any shots closer to dusk / dawn when it is much closer to night?

Not very well understood your question. If you ask about the glow of the sun, it disappears when the sun approaches the horizon line. I can not fix this. This is a feature of the simulator. If your question is about specific sky textures "VITRUM", then a screenshot under the spoiler:

Spoiler

c06bd52572f6.jpg

877389974df5.jpg

386516bcae36.jpg

By Regards

Gennadiy

Btw, the website has new address (thx Kiwi!)

http://www.skyforsim.ga/for-sim-p3dv4-64bit-2

I found some effects also here:

https://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/137958-fsx-и-другие-мои-скриншоты-и-панорамы/?page=30

http://avsimrus.com/files.phtml?uploader=60779

(thx Kiwi for PM reply).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 7/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, YoYo said:

Btw, the website has new address...

Thank you,YoYo!
The site is hosted on a free hosting and is not available 1 hour a day: from 1 am to 2 am GMT.

• Like 1

Gennadiy

Hi kiwi,

looks amazing, i need to disable ENVTEX sky textures and install your sky textures into ASCA + enable dynamic sky in order to make it work?

thanks!

• Like 1