kiwi_biplane

New free sky textures and the sun glow effect for P3D (FSX)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Yes, yes I am. I figured from this thread that getting them all to play nice can be a little complicated, right?

No it is not. If you follow the instructions on his website, you can use the textures in dynamic & global modes.

You can also create themes with ASCA, then choose what theme to install. I've done this already for most of the textures that I like to use. I will test and update the latest available, but this could take a few days.

Once ready, with KIWI's consent, I can upload them or send them to KIWI so that he can add them to his download page.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

...can you tell me what is the similar set for this kind of textuers for V4 that you have on your site?

The screenshot was made a long time ago, so I do not remember what textures, but the PTA preset (and folders with shaders) with contrast and saturated earth on the site yet, because it needs a little fix for P3D version 4. I'll try to do it in the near future.

6 hours ago, SimonC said:

Not working.

Sorry? The site is not commercial and is located on a free hosting, so sometimes it is unavailable, and from 1 to 2 nights GMT always sleeps.

4 hours ago, SimonC said:

Weird.

Doing online ping (ping.eu), I get no IPv4-address. Only IPv6... I have IPv6 currently off, didn't configure it yet. I reckon that might be the reason. But, the first time I see a website having IPv6 exclusively. Can you please confirm? Can you ping www.skyforsim.ga from your computer, do you get IPv4 Address?

No additional network settings are needed to enter the site. I do not know why you do. In the screenshot - my settings. It can be seen that the protocol IPv6 is disabled.

Spoiler

dedd990786d6.jpg

 

2 hours ago, 69Yanks said:

anyone getting virus warning when trying to download?

The site has recently been online and not yet indexed by search engines, so it can be identified as suspicious and a warning message will appear in your browser.

47 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You can also create themes with ASCA, then choose what theme to install. I've done this already for most of the textures that I like to us. I will test and update the latest available, but this could take a few days.

Once ready, with KIWI's consent, I can upload them or send them to KIWI so that he can add them to his download page.

Many thanks, Jose!
I would be very grateful if you help the community make our hobby better!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, kiwi_biplane said:

Many thanks, Jose!
I would be very grateful if you help the community make our hobby better!

OK Buddy. Your Sky Textures along with Gerard's PTA presets are a match made in heaven for me. THANK YOU!

1cT8a9v.jpg

s5aatAh.jpg

XfQbT84.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kiwi_biplane said:

No additional network settings are needed to enter the site. I do not know why you do. In the screenshot - my settings. It can be seen that the protocol IPv6 is disabled.

OK, then this kinda bogs me down. I don't get it why I can't access it.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, SimonC said:

OK, then this kinda bogs me down. I don't get it why I can't access it.

You can download the "IMPRESSION" set for P3D v4. And this link and additionally all files from the old site from here. Pay attention to the version of presets for PTA. Many for 32-bit simulator may not work in P3D v4.

Regards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, kiwi_biplane said:

You can download the "IMPRESSION" set for P3D v4. And this link and additionally all files from the old site from here. Pay attention to the version of presets for PTA. Many for 32-bit simulator may not work in P3D v4.

Regards.

Thanks! In the meantime, I found out what's a problem: Quad9-DNS doesn't work with your site. OpenDNS does. I merely changed the order on my firewall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

So I installed it, and tested with P3D-default white Beech Baron. The whites here are way too white, as in clipping white (I can't even make out rivets really anymore). I don't see anything similar on your shots. Is it maybe some incompatibility with REX products, as that's what I use? Any PTA-Version here is 2.62.

Edited by SimonC

Share this post


Link to post

OK - I restored REX textures, it seems something from there messed up the lighting system. I'm gonna stick to Skyforce for only clouds, and your preset, as I find it superior to what I've seen until now. So thank you!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a little confused about using these textures with ASCA still. Am I right when I say that I download all the P3Dv4 sky textures, put them in the Data/SkyColor folder in ASCA's folder, then enable them in the ASCA interface, and then it should work with the global and full dynamics mode straight away?

DJJose, when you create a theme, does it still do the cycling of sky color based on the current weather?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm a little confused about using these textures with ASCA still. Am I right when I say that I download all the P3Dv4 sky textures, put them in the Data/SkyColor folder in ASCA's folder, then enable them in the ASCA interface, and then it should work with the global and full dynamics mode straight away?

DJJose, when you create a theme, does it still do the cycling of sky color based on the current weather?

Negative. Creating a theme allows you to install that theme and make it active.

PM sent

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I'm a little confused about using these textures with ASCA still. Am I right when I say that I download all the P3Dv4 sky textures, put them in the Data/SkyColor folder in ASCA's folder, then enable them in the ASCA interface, and then it should work with the global and full dynamics mode straight away?

DJJose, when you create a theme, does it still do the cycling of sky color based on the current weather?

Global and Dynamic are TWO of the many themes you can choose OR you can  create your own in ASCA.  If you do NOT choose Global or Dynamic themes,  the textures you start with are the textures you see through out the flight .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Global and Dynamic are TWO of the many themes you can choose OR you can  create your own in ASCA.  If you do NOT choose Global or Dynamic themes,  the textures you start with are the textures you see through out the flight .

ASCA also comes with themes such as "refreshing" & "tempest." Those are just examples of themes that can be created with ASCA's art tools.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2018 at 2:51 PM, lidorx7 said:

...can you tell me what is the similar set for this kind of textuers for V4 that you have on your site?...

You can experience the preset and new textures "SUMMER". You can download by clicking on the picture in my signature or with Drropbox. The view of the landscape will be slightly different than in the screenshot that you showed. You can change the color of the effect of the glow of the sun, if you want. By default in the set, the glow effect is "AIR".

Spoiler

e60dfa0a211e.jpg

7881f625a155.jpg

c5b1c5a00ee4.jpg
 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vcarlo said:

Global and Dynamic are TWO of the many themes you can choose OR you can  create your own in ASCA.  If you do NOT choose Global or Dynamic themes,  the textures you start with are the textures you see through out the flight .

So for me the reason of purchasing ASCA to begin with, was to have the textures vary depending on the weather. Choosing anything besides Global would therefor somewhat defeat the purpose of ASCA, no? So, I see that it'd be easy to drop Kiwi's textures into the ASCA folder and select it from the ASCA interface for installation, and I can also see that ASCA will probably use Kiwi's textures in addition to the ones supplied with ASCA in Global, but is there a way of using Global with Kiwi's textures rather than the one supplied with ASCA?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

So for me the reason of purchasing ASCA to begin with, was to have the textures vary depending on the weather. Choosing anything besides Global would therefor somewhat defeat the purpose of ASCA, no? So, I see that it'd be easy to drop Kiwi's textures into the ASCA folder and select it from the ASCA interface for installation, and I can also see that ASCA will probably use Kiwi's textures in addition to the ones supplied with ASCA in Global, but is there a way of using Global with Kiwi's textures rather than the one supplied with ASCA?

YES ! and I can show you how to do that... BTW you can use GLOBAL or DYNAMIC in ASCA and have the textures update with weather conditions as needed.  Assuming you have downloaded KIWI's sky textures and placed them properly into the ASCA/Data/SkyColor folder, go to ASCA GUI and click on SETTINGS.  Then click on WX INFLUENCE CONFIGURATION...now you see all the different folders from the SkyColor directory in your ASCA program.  KIWI made this part easy to see because all of his texture sets are listed in ALL CAPS.  Now you have to click on every ITEM (from top to bottom) in the large box and UNCHECK  any WX and GEO profiles you do not want to see the sky textures.  When you open one of KIWI's profiles, just choose the WX and GEO profiles you wish ASCA to choose during your flight.  ASCA will not use any sky textures that have the WX and GEO profies all "UNCHECKED" .  Make sure you save and apply all as you complete them and you will be good to go.  Just make sure to have Sky Textures checked in the main settings for ASCA.

EDIT:   

I just realized KIWI explains all this in this thread -- go here for a perfect explanation and pictures to follow >>>>>>  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now