Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

PIMAX 4K VR Glasses

Hello there. I have been using the Rift with Flyinside for about 2 and half months now. It is amazing and even though I have adjusted to the resolution, of course I would like to have something better.

Well, I just found out this VR headset for 273 Euro coming from China. The specs are really impressive:

• Outstanding 4K UHD image, 3840 x 2160P resolution, 8.29MP, 806 PPI
  • Prevents your eyesight from the harm of blue laser, with auto light adjustment system and auto demisting system
  • Adopts 1000Hz dual gyroscope, reduce the dizzy sensation effectively
  • 110 degree FOV, dual 53mm large aspherical optical lens
  • Built-in 1000Hz gyroscope, acceleration sensor, magnetometer, range sensor, light sensor, only 18ms MTP
  • Unique design detachable 3.5mm jack headphones, 40mm driver unit, with stereo sound stage virtual 5.1 sound track
  • Self-adaption 58 - 71mm pupil distance
  • Support under 500 degree myopia naked eye watching
  • Lightweight design, feels no pressure after a long time wearing
  • Strong compatibility, piplay independent driver, compatible with Steamvr, Oculus games

It says that it is compatible with Oculus applications, so hopefully it will play well with FI. We shall see...

I should get mine in about 2 weeks.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Well, I´ve just read some discussions in the official forums and it seems that yes, the resolution is great, but everything else is pretty sub-standard. Thinking about canceling the order.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I had posted this in another thread regarding these when I was thinking about them as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, I´ve cancelled the order and ended up buying a Jetmax 737 Throttle for some Euros more. Probably this PIMAX would not play well with Flyinside anyways.

I bought a Pimax 4k and I am THRILLED with it.  But I have yet to have it working in Prepar3d v4.  I have extreme judder/shaking with it which is unusable.  But the image quality, if it wasn't shaking, is amazing.  I am installing P3D v3 to see if it works, as someone reported at the Pimax forum to be using it.  But for other programs it really does work and is amazing for video.  You should not have cancelled your order!  But if you do reorder, watch GearBest for a while as they do have flash sales as low as $299, which I missed, but I got mine for $330 with a coupon (search Pimax coupon, some guy on youtube had one).

I also am in queue for a NOLO VR.    If the two of them work together, without me having to upgrade my GTX 780 SLI set to a 1080 Ti, I will be in Nirvana.  I mostly fly with photoscenery so that helps much, both with FPS and immersion.

Hopefully I get rid of the judder.

• Upvote 1

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, denali said:

I bought a Pimax 4k and I am THRILLED with it.  But I have yet to have it working in Prepar3d v4.  I have extreme judder/shaking with it which is unusable.  But the image quality, if it wasn't shaking, is amazing.  I am installing P3D v3 to see if it works, as someone reported at the Pimax forum to be using it.  But for other programs it really does work and is amazing for video.  You should not have cancelled your order!  But if you do reorder, watch GearBest for a while as they do have flash sales as low as $299, which I missed, but I got mine for $330 with a coupon (search Pimax coupon, some guy on youtube had one).

I also am in queue for a NOLO VR.    If the two of them work together, without me having to upgrade my GTX 780 SLI set to a 1080 Ti, I will be in Nirvana.  I mostly fly with photoscenery so that helps much, both with FPS and immersion.

Hopefully I get rid of the judder.

Very interested to here how you are getting on with the PImax . I am on V4 with chaseplane  and have been looking at these for a while .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I'm keen to hear as well...

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Not my experience but the general reviews say that the display is brilliant but the lack of tracking (gyro only) + only 60 FPS ultimately makes it not very good for sims.

Watching Movies is great but it is not a rift/vive replacement.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, flibberflops said:

Not my experience but the general reviews say that the display is brilliant but the lack of tracking (gyro only) + only 60 FPS ultimately makes it not very good for sims.

Watching Movies is great but it is not a rift/vive replacement.

That's what I read too months ago so apparently that still holds true.

Richard Åsberg

Yes please, tell us what you think of Pimax. I own a Rift. My logic is telling me that it would be an improvement on clarity, but it not really a 4K VR headset and the flyscreen door effect becomes invisible to our brains anyway once we get used to it. So for owners of the Rift, it probably isn't worth the trouble.

Still, I could be wrong! More clarity. More clarity. More clarity.....

Hi Pimax users, I have recently taken delivery of my 4K Headset and want to know if I should be using SteamVR or Oculus to enteract with P3Dv4 or does it not matter. 

When flyinside gets released for V4, will either one work just as well with each other?

Im currently using steamVR which seems to be working ok although I have nothing to compare it with. I am surprised however with the limited amount of settings available to fiddle with.

Thx

IM