Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

RJAA Updated

For those who may have missed it, Ray Smith has just updated RJAA. This may be one of Ray's best airports to date. :smile:

It's available in the AVSIM Library.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Has Ray added custom textures, or is it just an AFCAD?   I'm asking as nobody sells AFCADs, so by default they're all freeware.  Using terms such as Payware/Freeware where such files are concerned are usually reserved for actual scenery (custom polys, textures, etc.).

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

28 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Has Ray added custom textures, or is it just an AFCAD?   I'm asking as nobody sells AFCADs, so by default they're all freeware.  Using terms such as Payware/Freeware where such files are concerned are usually reserved for actual scenery (custom polys, textures, etc.).

Best wishes!

If you are not familiar with Ray's work I highly recommend that you go to the AVSIM library and check it out. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

After thirty years in flight sim, and working with numerous developers, I'm very familiar with Ray's AFCADs.  I was trying to be tactful.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

If you are not familiar with Ray's work I highly recommend that you go to the AVSIM library and check it out. 

blaustern

Not to diminish Rays work, I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. While it's true that it's freeware, most if not all AFCADs are freeware. In this case it's more or less an updated AFCAD using default library objects to add to extra objects and ground clutter, with no custom modeling or textures.

Typically speaking, a freeware add on airport is comprised of an updated AFCAD along with custom models and textures or a combination of those with some default objects.

Regardless, Rays work is appreciated and he does a fine job at what he does and has spent loads of time updating many airports around the world over the past many years.

• Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have updated the subject as requested. 

The AVSIM Library now has an updated RJAA.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10