Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

Possible Fake News - P3Dv4 release within next 10 days

Lol

I'm betting Lockheed lets the cat out of the bag during FlightSimCon ;)

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

1 minute ago, laserit said:

Lol

I'm betting Lockheed lets the cat out of the bag during FlightSimCon ;)

Agree, it would be the perfect platform for the announcement, a release before summer seems to be unlikely

Has LM  had a presence  at previous FlightSimCons? I don't  see them on the list of either exhibitors or presenters.

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Has LM  had a presence  at previous FlightSimCons? I don't  see them on the list of either exhibitors or presenters.

You are right, they are not on the list. Maybe its gonna be a jump-out-of-the-cake-surprise-stunt ;)

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

They advertised the 2016 event on their site http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2016/04/113498/

But looking at the exhibitors for 2017 Lockheed's not showing up yet ;( 

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Haven't the previous releases been sort of 'surprise' ? Have they ever announced a new major version update in advance? I mean more than perhaps one or two days?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

You are right, they are not on the list. Maybe its gonna be a jump-out-of-the-cake-surprise-stunt ;)

Or maybe their presence will be simulated by virtual reality.

• Upvote 1

A release as significant as P3D v4 64-bit does not need any advertisements, hype, or "pre game show", it will do just fine w/o all that stuff. Even gamers will eventually "see the light". Once developers get a good handle on things, the realism is likely to astonish us all.

May be they don`t go to flight sim con as P3D is not for personal flight simulator entertainment there EULA forbids it, and DTG has the sole right to Microsoft flight simulator future development and DTG and ORBX will be there.

ray fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I remember seeing 2 name tags for Prepar3D team members on the table at the 2016 FlightSimCon and kept checking the registration desk all day Saturday but they were never picked up.  They were not appearing as exhibitors. 

\Robert Hamlich/

I recall having read somewhere LM had to decide between fscon and another conference being geared to big simulation industry and they choose the latter in 2016. Not sure if I could find the reference again, though.

Anyway, i am pretty sure Fscon public is not LM's main target group even though a lot of their addon partners may be there. From their business model - as far as I understand it - their target group are professional customers who rarely show up at such public conferences. This is also in line with what ray fry writes above.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

49 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I remember seeing 2 name tags for Prepar3D team members on the table at the 2016 FlightSimCon and kept checking the registration desk all day Saturday but they were never picked up.  They were not appearing as exhibitors. 

Thanks Bob.