Sign in to follow this  

I think his ready but they wait for tease us :p

But I still faithful to the 747-400, so I can survive to the expectation of the 747-8 ;)

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

My thinking is that the 747-8i product module is not yet uploaded by PMDG

There is no separate module.

It's the same way in the NGX and 777 - one module for base and expansion

Apparently not the same model!, they have gone back back and produced a new model for the 8, not just an outside model but system and flightdeck and flightmodel the same as the real deal, unlike the first Queen released

Correct:

External model, internal VC model, accurate flight dynamics, system adjustments, ECL, internal / external sound sets, and so on - all accurate to the 747-8i/F.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, CaptBillyBob said:

Will it include IAN?

If the real aircraft has it then yes. Otherwise no. ;-)  

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

What is IAN?

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I've been watching videos of the 747-8 and looks fantastic.   Was wondering about time frame.  The NGX expansion took about 3 months to be released.   The 777 was close to 10 months.   So what we looking at here:  NGX or 777 time frame ball park?     Either way, one thing is for sure:  it will be amazing. 

Michel.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mikjet said:

So what we looking at here:  NGX or 777 time frame ball park?  

Yes, exactly.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, downscc said:

Yes, exactly.

or maybe 747-8 time frame. who knows

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2017 at 4:37 PM, Budbud said:

If the real aircraft has it then yes. Otherwise no. ;-)  

It should have IAN because the jet has it.

I will love that release, because it will combine the best of the PMDG 777 with the PMDG 747-4, like the use of ECL's, maybe fully functioning EFB's, VSD's and the Muti-Function Displays. Not as elaborate MFD's on the -8 as the 787, but nice.

For those that don't know what IAN is, it is Integrated Approach Navigation. Basically, it is one procedure for all non-precision approaches using the APP pushbutton to generate a Glide Path (GP). This is FMC generated and can be used with the LOC in the case of a LOC only approach, or with an FMC generated lateral guidance (FAC) or Final Approach Course, for VOR, NDB, RNAV, etc.

It is a single autopilot approach mode with No Autoland. At the MDA, you either go around with nothing in sight or continue on the Glide Path with the airport in sight. Usually the A/P has to be disconnected no later than 100 feet, but this usually depends on an airlines operational authority to decide specifically when, but it is a manual landing in all cases.

The profile is almost identical to an ILS Profile, except usually you want to configure GD, Flaps 20 slightly earlier (2NM from FAF) because the GP will move much faster than the GS on an ILS. The ILS GS is like a fan extending out, but the GP is like a tube where the RNP changes to the approach RNP and it moves fast when it comes off the peg...

It is a higher level of precision than using VNAV non precision approach procedures, though either can be used.

• Upvote 1

For those who are anxious to try an IAN approach: The NGX had full IAN approach capability ;)

I did a couple of them and found them to be quite good! Not 100% as precise as an ILS, but it autolanded (yes, I know it shoulnd't :P) just 8 meters from the runway centerline and within the touchdownzone. ;)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

2 hours ago, Emi said:

I did a couple of them and found them to be quite good! Not 100% as precise as an ILS, but it autolanded (yes, I know it shoulnd't :P)

Did it annunciate LAND 3?  Did you have either or both NAVs on the ILS for that runway?

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, Emi said:

but it autolanded

Flying the plane into the ground and autolanding are completely separate functions.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers