Sign in to follow this  

4 hours ago, LH747fan said:

there are no more updates :( :D

not sure what kind of "updates" you mean, but this is probably false on all counts.

8 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Looking at the Operations Center, it looks like the Boeing 747-8 series would be an expansion of the Boeing 747-400 base pack. In other words, I think you need to already have the Boeing 747-400 before you could even install the Boeing 747-8.

If this turns out to be the case, then, wouldn't it also be a repeat of the 747 v3 VC, functionality,  etc? The 747-8i has features that are exclusive. What kind of fun would that be if it is the same exact VC but external difference?

I'll make sure to dig very deep before purchasing my copy. If it doesn't add up I'm not buying it. 

45 minutes ago, Sky Prince said:

If this turns out to be the case, then, wouldn't it also be a repeat of the 747 v3 VC, functionality,  etc? The 747-8i has features that are exclusive. What kind of fun would that be if it is the same exact VC but external difference?

Agree.  The B748 will be much different from the B744, in fact we have completed beta testing the B744 for some time now and we are not expecting to start on the B748 anytime soon. It is a different product.  PMDG does not discuss pricing until the product is released, if released as an expansion to the B744 then apparently that is their way of keeping the cost of the B748 down by reusing code from parts of the B744.  I imagine the development strategy from the start was a B744 with B748 expansion and the code is designed for dual function where required... just assuming things here.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Sky Prince said:

wouldn't it also be a repeat of the 747 v3 VC, functionality,  etc?

No, it wouldn't. 748 will be a 748 with all it entails.

5 hours ago, downscc said:

Agree.  The B748 will be much different from the B744, in fact we have completed beta testing the B744 for some time now and we are not expecting to start on the B748 anytime soon. It is a different product.  PMDG does not discuss pricing until the product is released, if released as an expansion to the B744 then apparently that is their way of keeping the cost of the B748 down by reusing code from parts of the B744.  I imagine the development strategy from the start was a B744 with B748 expansion and the code is designed for dual function where required... just assuming things here.

Ah! I see...

As long as I'm getting the B748 with its exclusive VC features, functionality, etc. then I'm all spending. I just don't want a 'fake/lazy' looking product to be flying with. Besides, PMDG does produce some outstanding software. We'll just have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Sky Prince said:

... I just don't want a 'fake/lazy' looking product to be flying with. ....

PMDG have only done that ONCE (with the previous 747v2 expansion of the 8i).

But if you had been following (or search for) some of the preview threads of the -400 and -8i, you would quickly notice, that the VC differences between the two models is quite extensive...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Gron said:

PMDG have only done that ONCE (with the previous 747v2 expansion of the 8i).

But if you had been following (or search for) some of the preview threads of the -400 and -8i, you would quickly notice, that the VC differences between the two models is quite extensive...

I haven't been on this site in a while. I remembered some announcements being made about the 747 v3 and that's why I came back to see if it had finally been completed.

I have not seen the B748 VC!!! You're saying it's on here?!?! I am yet to come across it! I'll have a deeper gander! For good measure, please post a link in a reply quote if I fail to find it! 😃

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yep. Side-by-side (over-under) comparisons, too:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

Oh wow! Now I remember! Thank you, Kyle! ❤

That b748i has my name written all over it! MINE!!! I absolutely cannot wait! 

I'm heading home now. Will look into purchasing the b747v3 when I get back. Happy days with all updates, etc! I am so looking forward to this!

Bump. Can't wait to try this out! The website has it for a ridiculous price for some reason. The 747-8 Is #2 on my favorite aircraft (Behind the tie for the 737-9, 737 MAX, and the RV-10) and I would love to have an update on it!

I just hope it is standalone.
I just want the -8F. Not buying current plane just to be able to load 8F.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

3 hours ago, PaulGR said:

I just hope it is standalone.
I just want the -8F. Not buying current plane just to be able to load 8F.

It is going to be an extension to the 747-400. You will need the base addon.

3 hours ago, Jackaroo05 said:

Bump. Can't wait to try this out! The website has it for a ridiculous price for some reason. The 747-8 Is #2 on my favorite aircraft (Behind the tie for the 737-9, 737 MAX, and the RV-10) and I would love to have an update on it!

The Million Dollar price is normal for PMDG updating the store for an aircraft being more or less close to release. It is in beta, that's all we know. 

21 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

The Million Dollar price is normal for PMDG updating the store for an aircraft being more or less close to release. It is in beta, that's all we know. 

Not in beta.  PMDG has not even announced that the technical group (pilots, mechanics, engineers etc) have their hands on it yet.  Still in development, and by how quiet the beta channel is I suspect they are fully engaged on this and other projects.

Dan Downs KCRP