Sign in to follow this  

38 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

It is going to be an extension to the 747-400. You will need the base addon.

I guess no go for me then.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

12 minutes ago, PaulGR said:

I guess no go for me then.

I don't know his source, but from what I've read the 748 is a new product from the inside out and I'm not sure that the 744 is a required base package.  As a minimum, I have not read anything from PMDG that indicates as such.

Dan Downs KCRP

46 minutes ago, downscc said:

Not in beta.  PMDG has not even announced that the technical group (pilots, mechanics, engineers etc) have their hands on it yet.  Still in development, and by how quiet the beta channel is I suspect they are fully engaged on this and other projects.

oh okay... then I guess we'll have to wait even a little bit longer :D

21 minutes ago, downscc said:

I don't know his source, but from what I've read the 748 is a new product from the inside out and I'm not sure that the 744 is a required base package.  As a minimum, I have not read anything from PMDG that indicates as such.

Operations Center --> 747 v3 --> Expansions --> 747-8

and ongoing communication on this forum...

:mellow:

or did I get anything really COMPLETELY wrong...

• Upvote 1

PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II - Expansion Package for P3D

Our Products: PMDG Simulations > Downloads for P3D

SKU: 1861-48B

PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II EXPANSION PACKAGE for use with PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II for Prepar3D.
DOWNLOAD DELIVERY ONLY!.
INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO INSTALL.

Digitally delivered products are not refundable!

Price: $325,000,000.00

No shipping required

I acknowledge that this product is for use with Prepar3D ONLY (answer YES)You have 3 characters left. Do not use HTML.

ADD TO CART

PREVIOUS ITEM   NEXT ITEM

Product Details

The PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II - Expansion Package for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II and Prepar3D

The ultimate simulation of the Boeing's latest iteration of the world's most recognizable airliner is finally here! 

Experience an airliner simulation unlike any in the history of simulation with this feature rich and magnificently detailed simulation of the Boeing 747-8.  Packed with detail, authenticity and a plethora of options to keep you learning and experiencing new avenues of flight simulation flying.

Created by experts for the enjoyment of experts, the PMDG 747-8 Expansion Package will please new flight simulation enthusiasts looking for their first true airliner experience while it simultaneously thrills experienced simmers looking for the kind of depth and authenticity that only PMDG can provide.

Whether your desire is to "push up the power and go flying" or to dig deeply into the most obscure details of the 747 airplane, the PMDG 747-8 Expansion Package will give you the longest 747 airplane made by Boeing, with a level of realism as high as you could want in an airliner package.

The PMDG 747-8 Expansion Package spares no detail with incredibly accurate cockpit displays, a full-featured flight management system, highly accurate LNAV/VNAV and auto-thrust modes, precise and realistic ground and satellite approach navigation capability, dozens upon dozens of optional pieces of equipment with which you can customize your 747 cockpit and literally hundreds of potential mechanical failure scenarios that you can activate to challenge your flying skills and your airplane knowledge.

Built from the ground up as a completely new generation of simulator, PMDG has once again raised the bar on visual quality with an incredibly detailed, accurate and functional virtual cockpit, hundreds of switch animations along with their accompanying sounds, a visually stunning exterior model accurate to the finest detail.

With all of this incredible detail comes incredible performance as the PMDG 747-8 has been optimized for best performance in Prepar3D.

This product contains the 747-8 expansion package for use with the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies - Base Package in Prepar3D.  The aircraft performance and operating characteristics for each type of aircraft is unique and highly accurate to their real-world counterparts.

Please see the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies product page for more information on this simulation:

This is a Prepar3D ONLY product.

This package is required to use any of the PMDG 747 series products.

You must have Prepar3D to install this product.

This product requires a live connection to the internet for installation.

Note: Digitally delivered products are not refundable.

• Upvote 2

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

13 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Nope. On the money.

The 744 is a required base for the 748 extension.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/7/2018 at 11:42 PM, Ephedrin said:

I've been asking PMDG to consider making it so that any package can act as base since back when they decided to make it so that 800/900 was base and I wanted to fly the 700... but I guess it doesn't work like that :(

I stand corrected.  I didn't check the source, and I know better.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

57 minutes ago, downscc said:

I stand corrected.  I didn't check the source, and I know better.

It happens to the best of us, don’t worry about it.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Fabo said:

I've been asking PMDG to consider making it so that any package can act as base since back when they decided to make it so that 800/900 was base and I wanted to fly the 700... but I guess it doesn't work like that :(

That defeats the entire purpose of having a base pack in the first place. The point of a base pack is to reduce the cost of developing multiple airframes by reusing parts of the code from the base pack in the expansion. As much of the R&D went into the base pack’s price, hence why the expansions are relatively cheap, providing a way to buy just the expansion defeats the entire purpose, which is to reduce workload for the developers and the cost for us.

12 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

That defeats the entire purpose of having a base pack in the first place. The point of a base pack is to reduce the cost of developing multiple airframes by reusing parts of the code from the base pack in the expansion. As much of the R&D went into the base pack’s price, hence why the expansions are relatively cheap, providing a way to buy just the expansion defeats the entire purpose, which is to reduce workload for the developers and the cost for us.

I'm not sure you get my point.

I don't want to just buy the expansion pack for 25, and leave the base pack for 90 be.

What I would like to be able to do is to buy a 600/700 standalone pack for 90.

Same situation with the 777. I own the FSX base pack because, well, I do. I don't own the 300ER expansion nor do I own the P3D version.
The 200LR is a great plane, I'm not saying it isn't, but I'm not interested in paying for it just so I can buy the 300ER (and potentially 200ER in the future), which is the one I actually want.

This is wandering into the territory of pricing policy.

Adjust course, or the F-15 on your wing will address the situation with force.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers