Sign in to follow this  
ThomasAH

Just Flight 20th Anniversary Bundle Sale

This seems very good! Plan to get the hawk that's still on avsim's front page. Not sure what else though...

Still expensive for a *light* software.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

46 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Still expensive for a *light* software.

Are you kidding? 15 quid for some of those things is a steal, especially since most of them work in FSX, FSXSE and P3D. There's actually only two aircraft on that list that are light simulations: The 747-200/300 and the DC-10-10/40. The rest are pretty much about as complicated a sim version as you can get unless you get into the realms of FSL and PMDG. For example, the FSL A320 cost me 140 quid (and that doesn't work in both P3D and FSX, you have to buy it again to get that dual functionality), which would make it nearly fifteen times the price of those when they are at 15 quid a pop if you buy two, and just 12 quid if you buy five. How cheap do you want them to be!!

If you like GA aeroplanes, the TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad is very nice indeed, not least because you get two aeroplanes in it for a kick off. Being a fairly recent release, it's well on par with their similarly recent Piper PA-28 Arrow III in terms of modeling and simulation, with things like working circuit breakers and the same flight analysis module as on the Arrow with live mapping etc. Also has integration with Active Sky for the stormscope to display weather and the Flight 1 GTN 650/750 if you have those. It is easily among my favourite GA singles for FS and a very detailed simulation of the real aeroplane.

If you like old bangers, their C-69/L-049A Constellation and DH 104 Dove/Devon are both very nice aeroplanes to fly, especially if you have A2A's Accufeel add-on to make em shake and creak a bit and you download some scuffed up textures. Their Connie and their Dove/Devon both got a PC Pilot Classic Award. Reviewing their Connie, Mutley's Hangar commented: 'Easily the best prop-liner available for FSX', which might not be exactly true, but I have to say that I really love the JF Constellation, frankly, it's bloody marvellous, especially if you can get it for just 12 quid lol, and if you have Accufeel running, there's really not a huge  difference between that one and the A2A Connie except for the texturing, which is indeed nicer in the A2A one, not that you can't download a repaint and sort that out either. Avsim's own review of the Dove/Devon concluded: 'you can’t go wrong with the Just Flight DH.104 Dove & Devon package'. I fly their DH Dove quite a lot, it's a very nice thing indeed with absolutely loads of avionics variations between all the included models.

If you prefer more modern (ish) stuff, their L-1011 Tristar is pretty nice, it got a 10 out of 10 Gold Award from Mutley's and a Platinum Award from PC Pilot and deservedly so when you see how detailed it is in terms of avionics and systems, and to be honest, the same is true of most of the other airliners, with the exception of the 747 and the DC-10, which they make no secret of, since both of those are marketed under their F-Lite product range, and even then, they are still pretty good for the price of a round of drinks in a pub, since they do both have a fairly decent FMC in them which will load and fly a default flight plan.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks guys,

I especially love all the ones listed for FS9.  I have hundreds of dollars to spend on them.  Can't wait, or should that be... don't bother waiting.

I know the platform is old but there are still thousands of us using it.

To say that I am ticked off is an understatement .

However, tomorrow is another day I guess and please pardon the venting.  I am thinking that there are some real bargains here for the other platforms.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

10 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Thanks guys,

I especially love all the ones listed for FS9.  I have hundreds of dollars to spend on them.  Can't wait, or should that be... don't bother waiting.

I know the platform is old but there are still thousands of us using it.

To say that I am ticked off is an understatement .

However, tomorrow is another day I guess and please pardon the venting.  I am thinking that there are some real bargains here for the other platforms.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

I don't see why you would expect any serious developer to spend hours, and Ks of dollars to develop something definitely not "thousands" would buy... If that was your sole income, would you do it?  Please, let's not be delusional here...

Whilst it might have been nice for anyone using the older FS9 to at least have something listed there - after all it is a sale to celebrate 20 years of being in business, so at least something to do with looking back - you can't really blame JF for focusing on getting users of current software to pay a visit to their website (yeah I know FSX isn't current either, it being a sprightly eleven years old compared to FS9's fourteen years lol), but FSX-SE (three years old), and P3D (six years old. less for more recent patches/versions) are still current in terms of both still being sold/supported by their respective developers.

Either way, there is still plenty of FS9 stuff on the JF website, and most of it isn't hugely expensive.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Raven9000,

Thank you so much for your comment.

Just for your further edification, I was referring to the sale listing of FS9 products. I am not delusional.

I do in fact, understand that my platform is ancient and do not expect any developer to spend money on this platform.  This is borne out very demonstrably by the huge amount of new FS9 products, or rather, the paucity thereof.  I will testify to the difficulty in finding, let alone buying FS9 old products and particularly those on sale. I further do believe that there are indeed, thousands of us still using FS9. I do so through choice and I have ALL of the flightsim platforms except DCS and IL2  In fact I still have Proflight and FLY which I use very very occasionally. (hard to find new addons for them too I can tell you) 

Apart from all of that, I cannot really find any reference to Developers or new products after perusing my statement.  As a result, I found your condescending comment was not helpful, warranted nor wanted.

If I have misinterpreted your comment I apologise unconditionally

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Raven9000,

Thank you so much for your comment.

Just for your further edification, I was referring to the sale listing of FS9 products. I am not delusional.

I do in fact, understand that my platform is ancient and do not expect any developer to spend money on this platform.  This is borne out very demonstrably by the huge amount of new FS9 products, or rather, the paucity thereof.  I will testify to the difficulty in finding, let alone buying FS9 old products and particularly those on sale. I further do believe that there are indeed, thousands of us still using FS9. I do so through choice and I have ALL of the flightsim platforms except DCS and IL2  In fact I still have Proflight and FLY which I use very very occasionally. (hard to find new addons for them too I can tell you) 

Apart from all of that, I cannot really find any reference to Developers or new products after perusing my statement.  As a result, I found your condescending comment was not helpful, warranted nor wanted.

If I have misinterpreted your comment I apologise unconditionally

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

No, it was me misunderstanding that you expected NEW products, and not old ones to be on sale.  Sorry.

• Upvote 1

Carlos,

Apology heartily accepted.  

The fact remains though, and this is really what I wanted to express, that there is very very little activity in the sales area pertaining to FS9. A great shame really and not a lot can be done about it.

Thanks again Carlos for your reply.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

Carlos,

I hate you LOL

Good luck to you matey and I sincerely wish you hours of enjoyment with those aircraft ... I can only say I envy you but I do look forward to P3D 64bit and maybe end my woes with FS9.  Having said that, I am still very happy with that old platform and look forward to many hours flying to come.  Maybe next year eh?

Being ex military (RAAF) I would like a crack at the Canberra.  Pilots do ok but pax???? sitting beside the bomb load are fairly crowded LOL

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.