Sign in to follow this  
diogo180794

Massive Stuttering P3D v3.4

Yeah at least I tought xD. The stutters are the same in general again. It seems that I had "luck" because the settings were on medium texture and preety most everything disabled. I've worked to get a good system and I refuse to play this on almost everything disabled. I've spent much time and wasted weekends trying to figure and work this out... I've had enough of this. Thank You for your help.

FPS instantly go from 50+ to 20 and that is why I'm getting this severe stuttering. It is more noticeable on Aerosoft related scneries but it happens globaly

We cannot see your computer so all we can offer is suggestions of things to check. A few good ones have been made already.

I would check your task manger while running the sim to see if there are any other applications or processes which are using CPU load or having high disk access. If so temporarily disable them.

Also disable all of your scenery and other addons to see how the base sim works.

Disconnect from the internet, then disable your antivirus and other security software and see how the sim runs without it on.

Solving this will be a process of elimination. Without seeing your computer it sounds like the problem is either another software or addon using computer resources or an overheated CPU or GPU throttling down.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Try setting AffinityMask to 15 and lock fps at 20. See how steady or not that is.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just watched your video, your problem is not your machine, of course you already know that, you just have some funky settings or something running in the background, or due to the strength of your machine you believe you can max everything out. I've got i7 3770 non k, and if mine ran like that, I too would be depressed, but it doesn't. I don't think it is P3D's fault, it is whats running besides P3D. When was the last time you looked inside you computer case?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you for your replies. I've tried and the problem persists. Regarding to something that might be running on the background, I've tried checking that, and it just doesn't seem there something out of the ordinary. I even tried to stop some programs from running to see if that was affecting P3D, but no luck. One thing I found really strange was:

Usually when I BF1, Watchdogs 2 etc, the CPU usage is quite high, but when running prepared it doesn't go more that 50% and that is really strange. I've been like trying to fly with the stutters for 5min and the max load I got was 47%.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, diogo180794 said:

Usually when I BF1, Watchdogs 2 etc, the CPU usage is quite high, but when running prepared it doesn't go more that 50% and that is really strange. I've been like trying to fly with the stutters for 5min and the max load I got was 47%.

P3d often pins Core 0  at between 90 and 100% and the other cores are rarely used to the fullest extent. The net result is what you observed. 

Very interesting! I'm having the same problems as you diogo! I own Flytampa Amsterdam, and its flawless, no stutters, smooth and an overall enjoyable experience! Same with Uk2000 and other airport scenery. But when I get to an airport, that has the media of "aerosoft" written over it, I'm getting the same stutters as I see in your videos.

Now, this link here  http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94576-oslo-torp-and-p3d-terrible-performance/ I thought could of solve all of the problems, because what had been described, I was getting, but unfortunately the file they identified didn't appear in most of these scenery's, there wasn't much luck there.

I've tried to do some testing myself, recently trying to get the Madeira X Evolution to work, but I'm having those stutters. Slight testing this scenery, I know its in the scenery BGL files. I got the FSX version of these files, and replaced them, GREAT! I don't have the stutters, but of course, I have visual errors like ground flooring showing where grass is meant to be blah blah blah .... I'm struggling to narrow which file it is to know what the problem is? And would this be the same problem for other airports? 

I understand your frustration with this! I had been flying before in P3D v3 and I had absolutely no problems with these scenery, the branded aerosoft products worked perfect, could not fault them! I took some time out from flight sim, came back to it, rebooted my computer following nick n guide, and use avsim guide as well to link it in to install p3d the "correct way". I've had this problem for ages and would be great to find the solution, struggle to understand why I see it works with other people on youtube but not mine?

EDIT: I would actually just like to add, I also own Mega Airport Helsinki which is the only airport I don't have these hiccup stutter from? Strange?

14 hours ago, Ozzie94 said:

Very interesting! I'm having the same problems as you diogo! I own Flytampa Amsterdam, and its flawless, no stutters, smooth and an overall enjoyable experience! Same with Uk2000 and other airport scenery. But when I get to an airport, that has the media of "aerosoft" written over it, I'm getting the same stutters as I see in your videos.

Now, this link here  http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/94576-oslo-torp-and-p3d-terrible-performance/ I thought could of solve all of the problems, because what had been described, I was getting, but unfortunately the file they identified didn't appear in most of these scenery's, there wasn't much luck there.

I've tried to do some testing myself, recently trying to get the Madeira X Evolution to work, but I'm having those stutters. Slight testing this scenery, I know its in the scenery BGL files. I got the FSX version of these files, and replaced them, GREAT! I don't have the stutters, but of course, I have visual errors like ground flooring showing where grass is meant to be blah blah blah .... I'm struggling to narrow which file it is to know what the problem is? And would this be the same problem for other airports? 

I understand your frustration with this! I had been flying before in P3D v3 and I had absolutely no problems with these scenery, the branded aerosoft products worked perfect, could not fault them! I took some time out from flight sim, came back to it, rebooted my computer following nick n guide, and use avsim guide as well to link it in to install p3d the "correct way". I've had this problem for ages and would be great to find the solution, struggle to understand why I see it works with other people on youtube but not mine?

EDIT: I would actually just like to add, I also own Mega Airport Helsinki which is the only airport I don't have these hiccup stutter from? Strange?

That's exactly it Ozzie! It "######" me off because I see loads of videos of people in those sceneries with no problems, but mine.... In case you find any solution please share. Thank You ;)

The cause isn't the Aerosoft  airports as they have a variety  of different authors, and the airports are all just marketed under the Aerosoft  brand name. The only thing that they have in common (other than they are complex scenery) is SODE  which is a library that controls moving structures such as jetways and hangar doors. The DLL is loaded in DLL.xml. I assume that  you checked the version of this addon and it is up to date.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, diogo180794 said:

I have the BASE "game" and only installed Mega Aiport Lisbon to test it.

Lisbon 2.01 is not listed as being compatible with P3D V3.x, only P3D V2.x see listing:

http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/prepar3d/sceneries/1784/mega-airport-lisbon-v2.0?number=AS12975

The installer does NOT support P3D V3, so you must have used "Alternative" means to install the product which in itself can cause additional problems with P3D V3.

You'll need to petition Aerosoft to update LPPT to P3D V3.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello Friends. It seems that the problem is kinda fixed for now. What I did:

Unninstalled Graphics Driver and associated software with DDU, and removed and inserted graphic card again on the MOBO, followed by a clean new installation of all Nvidia Drivers.

Removed and Cleaned all P3D V3.4 and associated folders and installed back again.

Then I installed the sceneries one by one, and tested each one upon installation. The stutters as pictured in the video, are GONE. Minor stutter happens here and there but its the normal one kind. Now I just need to install ORBX and test + tune the blurries and stuff.

I'll keep you updated when I do so. Thank You all for your replies and help

"Unninstalled Graphics Driver and associated software with DDU, and removed and inserted graphic card again on the MOBO, followed by a clean new installation of all Nvidia Drivers"

What is DDU?

Thanks

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

6 hours ago, wlix261 said:

"Unninstalled Graphics Driver and associated software with DDU, and removed and inserted graphic card again on the MOBO, followed by a clean new installation of all Nvidia Drivers"

What is DDU?

Thanks

Alvaro Escorcia

Display Driver Uninstaller

Never used it, never needed to.

Mike

Mike, thank you very much for sharing the problem and solution!

In my case I seem to have the same condition. With a good rig and GPU I am getting 10-18 fps most of the time, often dropping to 5 and even stopping for several seconds after which it continues the flight or, sadly, one time out of five, P3D hangs out.

Just to be clear on the process you followed, I intend to do the following.

Can you please confirm if this is a correct way to do what you did ?

1. Download and install Display Windows Uninstaller freeware application. Add the app to the list of exclusions in the antivirus software
  2. Close all apps and create a system restore point in W10
  3. Uninstall the Nvidia Driver (in my case GeForce 378.78 with release date 03/08/2017); using the Display Driver Uninstaller. Select Clean and restart button. PC will re-boot.
  4. Shot down the PC
  5. Open the PC case, Remove the GPU, plug back the GPU, close the PC case
  6. Turn on the PC
  7. Install the latest Nvidia Driver. (As of today, it would be GeForce 378.92 released 03/19/2017)

Looking forward for advice

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

OS: W10-64; CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 Ghz, RAM 16.0 GB; GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 1190 Mhz 4 GB dedicated video memory: Simulator: Prepar3D 3.4.22.19868

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K