Sign in to follow this  
diogo180794

Massive Stuttering P3D v3.4

The problem is very likely your settings. I for one have seen settings that might be causing this problem. Look at your shadow settings, they are set pretty high. You have set simobjects shadows to on, with some pretty high shadow cast distances. This might explain your problem: many Aerosoft airports have certain objects and vehicles in common, which shadows are maybe not handled properly by the sim, and causing those stutters. I would try turing off all shadows. Then start enabling shadows for your aircraft first, then maybe terrain with a low shadow cast distance. No need to set it to 20000 meters. 

"The problem is very likely your settings. I for one have seen settings that might be causing this problem. Look at your shadow settings, they are set pretty high. You have set simobjects shadows to on, with some pretty high shadow cast distances. This might explain your problem: many Aerosoft airports have certain objects and vehicles in common, which shadows are maybe not handled properly by the sim, and causing those stutters. I would try turing off all shadows. Then start enabling shadows for your aircraft first, then maybe terrain with a low shadow cast distance. No need to set it to 20000 meters."

Unfortunately this is not my case for sure. My problem stays on even after updating the version of P3D client to the latest version, which requires deleting the  shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file (which has the settings).

Also, previously I changed every recommended performance setting you can imagine, as I found in the forums and you-tube. I am not even using any add-on scenery, airplane, nothing. I came down to the bones in my quest to troubleshoot my issue.

Actually, I bet if I install FSX-SE I am likely to see the same symptoms (which I don't really want to do).

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Hi Guys 

Just thought i would add my experience with stutters as it may help others.

Had tons of problems with stutters on p3d and xplane 10/11. 

My rig is quite old now (4 yrs) i7 4770k @4.7 water cooled..Gigabyte Z87 DH3P..Nvidea GTX 780..

Stutters disappeared in xplane 10 and now xplane 11 by reverting back to Nvidea 377.88 driver as advised on avsim forums.

Tried p3d a few years ago and had tons of stutters once I installed ORBX..gave up and have been flying xplane ever since. 

A few weeks ago I downloaded p3d v 3.4 to give it another go. Its all working perfectly now on my old rig with ORBX base, vector, europe and UK....PMDG 777 and Rex soft clouds...p3d cfg NO alterations...NO Nvidea inspector...I followed this video by Matt (chewy94) and Medium settings.

Mostly with the PMDG777 I get 40-50fps...frames do drop flying in and out of Heathrow EGLL to around 26-35fps but there are no stutters at all very fluid.

p3d v 3.4 appears good on the memory issue too..mostly I land with about 1.4Gb to spare..never gone below 800Mb and that's on a 11 hour flight from UK to Hong Kong..

Cheers..Roy

• Upvote 1

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 0:10 AM, Ozzie94 said:

EDIT: I would actually just like to add, I also own Mega Airport Helsinki which is the only airport I don't have these hiccup stutter from? Strange?

Hello! I have been looking for a Helsinki Vantaa scenery for P3Dv3. It seems your are using it without any problems, although Aerosoft does not consider it compatible with P3Dv3. It seems that this scenery is in a situation similar with that of Lisbon: it can be installed but no runway or taxiways lights are available. Helsinki is the only major Scandinavian airport I miss and would not mind to buy it if I can be sure that it works. I hope you can help!

Regards and Wishes of a Happy New Year!

Domingos