Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

A2A Comanche walkaround opening 2D panels?

Hi,

So it's been a while since I have been able to jump on the sim but I went on and let ChasePlane update - then started fsx se.

I loaded a flight with my trusty A2A Comanche and pressed shift-8 to bring up the walkaround 2D panel. So far so good. 

As soon as I click the arrow on the panel to move to the next or previous item, it doesn't change view properly and opens up a load of A2A 2D panels. 

This used to work for me when I was last in the sim by pressing the previous item arrow but now none of them work. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Sorry if this has been reported already I did a search but didn't see anything. 

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

Reload the simulator, should be fixed after a relaunch. I you want to use the Walkaround features, reinstall the A2A or restore the backup aircraft.cfg file located in the aircraft's directory

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I always hate it when you try and find an answer to a problem but threads do not conclude, so here is my conclusion...

The reinstall worked and I now have the walkaround working again. I also didn't lose my old cameras so that's good too.

Hope this can help the next guy :)

I just installed CP today and I'm having the same problem, do I REALLY have to reinstall all my A2A planes?  I have a bunch and don't want to go through all this.  Won't it also ruin my hours accumulated on the planes? 

Isn't there another easier way?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

On 3/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, Keven Menard said:

or restore the backup aircraft.cfg file located in the aircraft's directory

Shouldn't have to reinstall aircraft if you can access the backups mentioned in Keven's post.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

2 hours ago, airernie said:

Shouldn't have to reinstall aircraft if you can access the backups mentioned in Keven's post.

Thanks but how do I do this, will look now but looked last night and saw only one.  Where would the backup be?

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, airernie said:

Well, I just looked, I do not have a backup copy in Simobjects/Airplanes/A2A_182.

Jack Sawyer

If you just got ChasePlane, you don't need to restore any backup. It should work straight out of the box.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven!  Nope.  See the first post in this thread.  This is exactly what's happening when I try to do the walk-around in the A2A planes.

I hope I can get this working because man, I love CP!

Jack Sawyer

Hi Keven, A2A walkaround in V3.4 still not working, it gives me some really odd views of interior parts of the plane.  Can't try it in V4 because I don't have any A2A planes installed yet until they release them.

Any ideas why the walkaround feature is messed?  Both forward and reverse. I saw a YT where he went in reverse and it worked but mine messes up in either direction.

Jack Sawyer

Have you tried reinstalling the aircraft?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

40 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Have you tried reinstalling the aircraft?

No Keven and I really don't want to.  Please explain how this will help?  Does it reset something or change something in A2A's planes?  I don't understand the reasoning behind reinstalling. Not being rude, just curious.

Jack Sawyer

I'm having this issue too with A2A C172 walk around.

But as well with Just Flight/Aerosoft Twin Otter extended is having issues with it's quick layout too.

Pressing the Twin Otter quick layout sections brings up areas that aren't linked.

eg clicking the overhead control view on the quick layout will bring up say the throttle area.

Everything doesn't match.

Edit:

I reinstalled the A2A C172 and I have no menu's showing when pressing Shift+3-7.If I show the menu on top of page of P3DV4 I can access A2A Warehouse etc via Vehicle Menu.But no walk around.I can't get it showing using the Hot Keys.

As well I reinstalled Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended and it's quick layout doesn't correspond still with Chasseplane.

Let me know if you are still having those issues with the latest build

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42