Sign in to follow this  
mickatmian

X plain 11 Aerosoft default airports empty.

As title. Any help would be much appreciated. 

For example: Stansted UK. I have no parked aircraft, vehicles etc. just a runway and a few buildings, yet this is listed as a Aerosoft airport, how do I get them to show? I do have show static aircraft ticked.

After almost 30 years of flight simming, (currently P3D v3+Orbx etc.) I thought I would give X plane 11 a look, but so far not achieving  much. I know there are lots of airports to download but I was expecting something better for Europe as a basic install.

What am I missing?

Copy of my scenery_packs ini file 

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Ramps/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Taxilines/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Airports_1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Airports_2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/gbpro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/3D_people_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/

Thanks 

Mick

You need to configure your scenery file to have OpenSceneryX and world-models below, near the bottom of the list.   In XP, scenery is loaded in order of hierarchy, where the lowest on the list is first and works it's way up.   Best practice is to keep all "global" type scenery at the bottom, followed by libraries and then the airports.  You need to reorder them manually, with a text editor.

I took the liberty of downloading your text and re-arranging it, according to how mine is set up.  Copy this text back into your scenery_packs.ini, save it and give it a go.

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Ramps/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Taxilines/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Airports_1/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Airports_2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/x_Prefab_Library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/3D_people_library/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/gbpro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks for that unfortunately it is no better. The only default airport with aircraft on the stands is Heathrow, some of the others have the odd aircraft out on the field. The prefab generated airports have aircraft so I don't think there is anything wrong with my file/your file order. I have now spent a week with this including my time with the demo so unless you have any other ideas think I will give it a rest and go back to P3D for now. 

Thanks 

Mick

I forgot to mention that if you really want populated airports, you can download Xlife, which does a good job with aircraft at the stands.  they don't go anywhere, but are there for immersion.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks Jim.

Xlife only has 3 UK airports on the Map.

I don't need that much complication I just need to populate the airports a little. Surely that should be easy enough. As I mostly fly GA without ATC  I am more interested in the scenery, some of which looks superb. At this point I am very disappointed with the UK Aerosoft airports provided in X plane, not at all what I expected. From X plane 11 web site "Watch other aircraft get service, or request services for your own aircraft." Yeh right.

Mick

6 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Thanks Jim.

I don't need that much complication I just need to populate the airports a little. Surely that should be easy enough. As I mostly fly GA without ATC  I am more interested in the scenery, some of which looks superb. At this point I am very disappointed with the UK Aerosoft airports provided in X plane, not at all what I expected. From X plane 11 web site "Watch other aircraft get service, or request services for your own aircraft." Yeh right.

Mick

The main issue here is that XP 11 allows airport developers to add this feature, but airport developers have to do this.

So far the included Aerosoft airports are still XP10, not 11. The same should true be for most other included airports.

If that stuff is important for you, download freeware airports or buy payware (there are plenty which provide ground traffic using a plugin), or wait until XP11 is out of beta and airport authors start to update the airports.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Just to be clear, the "Aerosoft" airports included with the sim are just very basic versions of their payware counterparts. For example, EGLL as it comes with XP has  default buildings and a few static elements in Heathrow's basic configuration. If you buy the airport from aerosoft or the org store, it will look much more detailed, with custom buildings, objects, and textures. 

But, yeah, ground routes and moving vehicles are still a new feature that will be implemented more as XP11 develops. Remember that it's still in beta. 

1 hour ago, MarioDonick said:

The main issue here is that XP 11 allows airport developers to add this feature, but airport developers have to do this.

This is from the Aerosoft X plane 11 blurb. 

"Now with over 3,000 airports with 3D buildings                Airports populated with static aircraft plus dynamic airport environments."

Sorry I may be naive but that is what I expected.

41 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Just to be clear, the "Aerosoft" airports included with the sim are just very basic versions of their payware counterparts. For example, EGLL as it comes with XP has  default buildings and a few static elements in Heathrow's basic configuration. If you buy the airport from aerosoft or the org store, it will look much more detailed, with custom buildings, objects, and textures. 

As you can see that's what I thought I was getting, the full versions that is.

Lesson learned, at 72 years old I should have known better!

Mick

Edited by mickatmian

I know why.

It's because (from the title) you're using X Plain.

You need to switch to X-Plane.

LOL, guys - major misunderstanding about what to expect, here.

The "Aerosoft airports" are (for the most part) just really really basic airports, just a few buildings.

I updated EGLL and EDDF - so those Aerosoft Airports look a bit nicer. Also ok are LFMN and EDLP.

The "3000 airports with 3D" can be found here:

http://x-plane.cleverest.eu/

Click on "only 3D" to see them.

Cheers, Jan

43 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

"Now with over 3,000 airports with 3D buildings

These are the "Global Airports", created by the X-Plane community since some later versions of X-Plane 10 and included and continued in X-Plane 11. None of these have been created by Aerosoft, but by the X-Plane community, i.e. by users like you or Jan.

Still, though, these Global Airports have been mostly created for X-Plane 10 and their authors need to update them for X-Plane 11 if they are to include the new XP 11 features. As these airports are community-made, it's up to the community to update them. Or leave them as they are.

Also, please note that Aerosoft is not the developer of X-Plane, but in Europe the publisher. That's why Aerosoft provided some basic versions of some airports with X-Plane 10, because back then (in 2011) there were no "Global Airports" at all, and without these basic versions, X-Plane 10 would have been completely empty (except KSEA). These are partly still included in X-Plane 11, but they show their age.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

57 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

"Airports populated with static aircraft plus dynamic airport environments."

This was why I started the thread and it seems to have been ignored.

Ok there are a two or three.

11 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

note that Aerosoft is not the developer of X-Plane

Well aware of that.

45 minutes ago, Janov said:

The "Aerosoft airports" are (for the most part) just really really basic airports, just a few buildings.

I must have missed the bit where it says they are "basic airports"

1 hour ago, Raven9000 said:

It's because (from the title) you're using X Plain.

Dam I bought the wrong thing, can I get a refund?

Can no one point me in the right direction to a simple way to populate airports?

Thanks for reading

Mick

2 hours ago, mickatmian said:

Thanks Jim.

Mick

Unless you are seeing a different add-on, I use X-life in my setup and from the US to Europe, I get populated airports.  Not completely full stands and docks, but a good portion of the airports have static aircraft.  As for airport detail, that comes with outside help.  If you go to x-plane.org, yyou will find a virtual ton of airports that the community has put together, where you can not only get more detailed airports, but static aircraft.  I have a good portion of the UK airports downloaded from the org that have provided a lot more detail, including Stanstead.  As others have stated, you can get payware versions as well.

In case you want to know where X-Life is active, you can check out this map they provided that shows (geographically), where the aircraft will spawn:  https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1wHdOnHyVX5IORUOPYtAA_7MfME4&ll=43.99645831622382%2C-35.211181890625085&z=4

I would read the docs that came with your x_Prefab download.

Gives the most important message on how to set up the scenery ini.

I you go by their instructions you may find you will have a lot better airports.

Trevor Golding