Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

DC-6 appeared in the FSX Operations Center??

Hello!

Today I opened the PMDG Operation Center since a while and it installed an update. Now there are entrys for the DC-6 for FSX versions and P3D...

Have not read something about this the last time, maybe I missed some news? Is there something coming for FSX and P3D or is this just an placeholder? :happy:

Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Placeholder for future release. When you click on Buy Now, it takes you to the product page, with a price of a mere $2,500,000.00...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

3 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Placeholder for future release. When you click on Buy Now, it takes you to the product page, with a price of a mere $2,500,000.00...

Russ

Ah okay, thank you! I clicked on buy now but I have a problem at the time where such links wont open...

I like the PMDG price placeholders :happy:

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

yeah for 2.5 million it is yours.  the funny thing is, for about half that, you can buy the real one.  Of course after you add in insurance, overhaul costs, and all the other overhead...you are probably spending about 2.5 mil or more lol.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1357265/1956-douglas-dc-6

If I'm not mistaken, the one in the Controller ad is the same DC-6 that was used for the template for PMDG.  Please Kyle or anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

TJ 

3 hours ago, pilottj said:

If I'm not mistaken, the one in the Controller ad is the same DC-6 that was used for the template for PMDG.  Please Kyle or anyone correct me if I am wrong.

I think you're right.  I seem to recall the PMDG source airplane flew in Namibia.

Either that, or somebody went to the trouble of painting up a very nice DC-6 in PMDG house colors...

5 hours ago, pilottj said:

TJ,

You are correct.

You can see a picture in this thread of one of our guys (Henning) visiting V5-NCG up in Windhoek.

Kyle Rodgers