Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Pro-ATC/X new update

Hello,

Pro-ATC/X has released a new update (v1.8.7.9) I would like some comments on the new update, how is the product working now? Do the update break something within the product like the previous version?
I am really curious about this product but the price range is high so would like some feedback before purchasing it.

Normally if there are errors and developers are active to fix it I will support them but it took Pro-ATC way too long for just an update and it seems like couple updates within a year, for me seems too few.

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

How does Pro-ATC/X do with U.S. GA IFR/VFR from controlled and uncontrolled airports?

ProATC-X is intended primarily for IFR at controlled airports. IMO if you're flying VFR you may as well stick with the default ATC.

yeah it's mainly for IFR..

i have done 5 flights with the new version. 3 of them with 1.8.7.7 and 2 with 1.8.7.9 which was released a few days later.

most of the annoying functionality bugs from the previous version were fixed! you can request approaches again, direct-to seems to be fully working again, and it seems like waypoint detection is more stable ..that was always sort of random for me so need to fly more to really say for sure about that..

i think there were some features added for things like recovering state if your sim crashed but i haven't really looked that closely at those. it seems like some of the minor issues that were more cosmetic are still there.

anyway overall my experience with these versions has been positive. hoang le, i understand your reluctance about it, frankly the intermittent support is what keeps me from being super enthusiastic about it. but  i can't deny, i do all my IFR flights with it for like the last year, i still think it has the best handling of the procedures even if not perfect. i need to try pilot2atc one of these days but i'm sort of waiting until navigraph is fixed for that.

cheers!,-andy crosby

I have enjoyed going with ProATC for several months now. Their company forums and Facebook page are pretty active and you can generally find some pretty good help there. Honestly i enjoy using it more than VATSIM because the airports i fly in and out of the most never seem to be manned. 

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the information. I only fly IFR with jets so I believed this product suits me the most out of all other products.
Cheers!
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5