Sign in to follow this  
Denco

Crash When I asked for taxi clearance

I haven't used the program for a while because of the instability issues and have waited for it to become more stable. I tried to do my first flight today after a few months and received a crash to desktop when I asked for taxi clearance. Considering I've done plenty of flights in the past I can't imagine anything out of the ordinary that would cause this.

The flight was from KSAN to KSFO using the next route SLI J134 LAX J1 OAK J110 SNS V111 BSR. The SID P2A assigned me was LNSAY5. I'm using the CereProc voice sets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c9xai2lc19m4xg/P2A_2016_Trace_File.log?dl=0

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

It could be a voice issue. 

Did you uninstall the CereProc voices and install the updated ones that don't crash?  Which controllers have a CereProc voice?

In case it's a P2A Taxi issue, what gate were you at and what runway were you assigned?

Thanks,

Dave

1 minute ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

It could be a voice issue. 

Did you uninstall the CereProc voices and install the updated ones that don't crash?  Which controllers have a CereProc voice?

In case it's a P2A Taxi issue, what gate were you at and what runway were you assigned?

Thanks,

Dave

I did a complete installation when the CereProc updated their voices. All of the controllers have CereProc voices except for the ATIS and my CO.

I was at gate 6 and was assigned runway 27.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

I got taxi instructions without a problem from Gate 6 to RW27.

One thing to try is to change Departure Ground voice to one of the Microsoft voices and see if it works.   Or just try again with a different CereProc voice.

Dave

• Upvote 1

I did two test's and both times I got taxi instructions without a crash. Could there be some sort of a bug in the software that led to a crash the first time?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Glad it's working now.

While anything is possible, KSAN is a very popular departure airport.  If it was a bug, I think it would have been hit by others. 

It could have been caused by a timing issue with the recognition engine, but I saw no evidence of  that. 

Let us know if it happens again.  And if there's a detail error message, capture that as well.  Of course on the CTDs, there never is.

Dave

• Upvote 1