Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

2.2.1.0 Randomly Shuts Down

So I loaded up the new 2.2.1.0 and for the most part all works well.  The only strange thing that started with this version is it will intermittently shut itself off, as if I closed out of it on purpose.  At first I thought I had inadvertently done so but this has happened around 4 or 5 times now.  No errors or warnings it just shuts off.  Seems to happen at any phase of flight.  I checked and there doesn't seem to be any log files generator for the issue either. 

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

No way to know what's going on, but it sounds like a corrupt memory issue or something similar.

If that's the case, a reboot of the PC will often take the bad memory out of service and the problem will go away.

Dave

Sounds good - Ill continue to monitor.  I didn't reboot between multiple flights so Ill have to see how later today goes.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I did several flights with no problems.   Now I can't complete a single flight without it shutting off with no error message.   This is with a freshly booted PC, first flight of the day.    The only thing I have done differently is I am trying to record the flight for posting on YouTube, showing off the features of P2ATC.   This is NOT a feature I want to show off.. lol.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I just uploaded a new version 2211 that may fix this.

There is still a problem in calls to the Speech TTS engine that is causing CTDs inside the Microsoft Speech code, and although improved in 2211, it is not totally fixed.

However, it seems to not occur in all scenarios.  So, you could try a different flight plan, for example, and not get the problem.

Let me know if 2211 seems better.

Thanks,

Dave

It may very well be the flight plan.   I grabbed the latest Airac cycle from Aerosoft and put in the way points of the start of the sid and the start of the star and normally P2A will find the good route but this time it pulled in the route and added over 50 other waypoints that made a path all over the world.   Not a good flight plan to say the least.  :)

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

No go.   Still shut itself down.     It's also having a hard time understanding my complete sentences.   I spent a good hour in the trainer reading off all the test dialog from all controller stations and tested my mic quality.   All seems fine.   Also the flight planner is doing some really odd behavior.   It did this with the default AIRAC and again with the newest AIRAC.    It does this if you leave SID departures on in the config.    It's adding over 50 waypoints all over the planet.   This is the first time it has done this.

I am using X-Plane 11 fyi.

P2A-BadFP.JPG

100454.png

Brian Navy

Can you please provide  the airports and waypoints you entered so I can reproduce the problem.

This usually happens when a waypoint is not in the database in the region you intend, but one with the same identifier exists on the other side of the planet.

Thanks,

Dave

This was a flight from KMCO-Orlando to KSTL-St. Louis that I was trying to record for my YouTube channel.    I tried two different paths and both produced the crazy flight plan and failure to understand my readbacks.     I also get a weird bug where I correct the readback and the controller will come back and say something to the effect of;    Readback Incorrect!  Readback correct, contact ground on... BLAH BLAH BLAH.     How can I be right and wrong in the same instance?

Path 1:   JAG5 AMG J45 BNA BOOSHI1 arrival.    Waypoints entered into flight plan;  AMG MCN ATL BNA.       I let P2A select the JAG5 and BOOSHI1 arrivals on its own.    The waypoint that you see WAAAAAAY off in the ocean is flaged as the ORL intercept which is Orlando's VOR station.    This is obviously wrong.    And there is no ORL intercept in the JAG5 SID either.

Path 2:  CAMDT CTY J151 VISQA BOOSHI1 arrival.    Waypoints entered into flight plan:  CAMDT CTY CAPPS NEDDY WYATT VUZ GETME BEATS FLORS DITZL VISQA.   I let P2A select the STAR arrival on its own but turned off SIDs because when I left it on and filed it tried to assign me the JAG5 which CAMDT is not part of the JAG5 departure.  It also set down the ORL intercept waypoint again and created the 50+ extra waypoints all over the planet.   When I turned SIDS off and refiled there were no errors in the plan.    This is a radar vector departure to CAMDT and should not be trying to attach a SID at all.    

If I had to guess I'd say there is a problem with the JAG5 departure data however when I manually go to add the SID and it shows the list of waypoints involved in the SID it looks fine.  When you go to add it though it puts in the ORL intercept which generates all the extra garbage.

Slightly off topic;   Does P2A understand airways?   Sure would save a lot time if you could just put in the jetway/airway in the flight plan and it could figure it out from there.   That information should be part of the AIRAC cycles.   Admittedly, I haven't gone through the entire manual yet.    When I test a product I like to see what I can figure out before I completely read the manual.   This helps me test the accessibility of the interface and test the design layout for ease of use.    

100454.png

Brian Navy

Thanks for the details on the error.  I was able to reproduce and fix the problem with the SIDs.

Yes, P2A understands Airways.  Taking the Path 1 as an example, after adding KMCO, KSTL and AMG to the flight plan,

1) click on the VOR icon in the flight plan to the left of the fix name. 

2) Select Load Airway

3) Select J45 and BNA

4) press Load

5) repeat the process for other airways.

Thanks again,

Dave

Also, I can confirm with 100% certainty that CREPROC voices and P2A DO NOT like each other at all.    This makes me cry deep inside because I picked up $146 worth of voices to use with P2A.    All those random shutdowns with no error messages immediately stopped when I unassigned Creproc voices and reverted to using the terrible horrible robot sounds of Microsoft ZIRA and DAVID.

Dave, is there anyway around this clash?   I would really like to use these realistic voices.   Zira and David make me want to throw myself into a jet engine turbine.    Do Ivona voices work better?  Is there a way around this cut out of P2A when using non-microsoft voices?   I assume P2A/Voice Recognition engine is getting overloaded with this high fidelity real voices and just giving up the ghost.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Have you downloaded the "fixed" CereProc voices?  If you bought them last year, CereProc has come out with a fix to make them work in P2A early this year.

However, that fix may not have fixed all the problems.  Let me know when you last downloaded the voices and I'll see if I can isolate the crash to their voices and contact them for another fix.

Ivona voices work well with Pilot2ATC.

Thanks,

Dave

[Edit] I just did a test and several of the CereProc voices worked OK.  However, when the program tried to load CereProc voice "Adam", the Speech TTS engine crashed and brought P2A down with it.  If anyone has CereProc voices and gets a crash when transferring to a new controller, please report the voice that caused the crash.

Thanks,

Dave

[Update]

Strangely, I rearranged the order of the voices and was able to make a long flight without a crash, even though Adam was the voice for 2 of the controllers.  So it seems it is not specifically Adam causing the problem.

Dave

Well I just bought them three days ago which is when I noticed that P2A was starting to crash.   I tried to do another video recording and it crashed again and that's when I was like 'Wait a minute.. P2A was rock solid until I added the CereProc voices in there"   I took them out and P2A start working normally.    I also noticed on my system that the Microsoft voices almost immediately get processed while the CereProc voices can take 3 to 5 seconds before P2A will respond to me.   And usually when it processes it is not successful at understanding what I said.   

I bought 2 male and 2 female.      I bought Adam, Nathan, Megan and Hannah.       What is the best way you think to test?  Just load once voice for all the slots and try a full flight?  IF it works, do the next and the next and the next and then try 2 voices at once, etc, etc.?

100454.png

Brian Navy

There is a consistent bug where in the Clearance Delivery always says read back is incorrect and that I said the wrong frequency even when you can clearly see that you said it right in the dialog box.    It even says read back incorrect when I let the AI copilot read back the clearance.      When it asks me to repeat the part that I didn't get right and I respond with     'Departure on 125.02, Alaska Niner Three One' she never responds back to me to let me know we're all good to go over to Ground.

Controller-FAIL.JPG

EDIT:   .... lol...   Dave...  ready to laugh?   My computer reset my mic to my webcam on top of my monitor instead of my Corsair 1500 headset on my head... no wonder it was like "WHAT? HUH?  WHO?"    HOWEVER... I still find it amusing that P2A can't understand itself when I let the Co-Pilot do all the readbacks.  :)

100454.png

Brian Navy