Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

TWA by request

Hey guys, Brian N ...one of our excellent library Mods had requested TWA fictional on the PMDG Queen.

I was happy to grant his request since he's been so responsive to my recent Queen uploads, and just my way of thanking him for volunteering his time here. :wink:

Still very very early, but got the textures on to the plane to see how she looks in the sim.  Still a lot of work to do.

RVxm4n.jpg

mNhqMp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Dude I love it! Crisp clean...RETRO!!! I love retro!

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Yes!! Is it possible to have the option with the black mask below the cockpit windows? Thanks.

James Goggi

On 3/21/2017 at 3:08 AM, jgoggi said:

Yes!! Is it possible to have the option with the black mask below the cockpit windows? Thanks.

I believe so James.  Brian, do you prefer the paint with or without the "Bandit" mask? :laugh:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I believe so James.  Brian, do you prefer the paint with or without the "Bandit" mask? :laugh:

It looks sharp either way. The black mask definitely has that 'classic' look. I often times will refer to the artist. I prefer it without, however, if you want it, I am fine with that too.

• Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Sorry for the delay guys.

Here is a version good enough for you guys to preview while I tweak her and get her where I'd like her. (I'll add a black nose and give you the option to fly either).

I totally reworked the tail and its an exact match off a good photo I found for a reference. :biggrin:

Check your PMs Brian and James. :wink:

iiDlmW.jpg

AgZ6o0.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Here is a version good enough for you guys to preview while I tweak her and get her where I'd like her.

Hey Steve

Apologies for jumping onto this thread but couldn't find the one we talked about the Lufthansa WOW & 50 versions.  Just wanted to let you know that they worked perfectly and I took WOW from Munich to Rome yesterday over the Alps.  Thanks!

This TWA one looks great, will it be available in your link at some point or was it a personal request only.  Would love to add it to my collection! 

Also, I know there was a request somewhere for Pan Am, was that something you were doing or another painter?

Cheers!

14 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

Hey Steve

Apologies for jumping onto this thread but couldn't find the one we talked about the Lufthansa WOW & 50 versions.  Just wanted to let you know that they worked perfectly and I took WOW from Munich to Rome yesterday over the Alps.  Thanks!

This TWA one looks great, will it be available in your link at some point or was it a personal request only.  Would love to add it to my collection! 

Also, I know there was a request somewhere for Pan Am, was that something you were doing or another painter?

Cheers!

Hey James, I'll eventually upload it, I enjoy painting for the community.  I usually let requestors and other folks have an early preview of the paint while I'm working out the details that are holding up the release.

I'm not sure if I'll do Pan Am, I think someone else was doing her, but I do like the old airlines, and of course Pan Am was the primary reason the 747 became reality, so the incentive is there, hehe.

Check you PM inbox. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I have a Pan Am bird in progress, though I tend to work in sort of bursts... get home from work, if I feel like painting, I'll get at it and get a lot done. Trouble is I never know when the next "burst" comes. Might be tomorrow might be in 2 weeks.

And if you feel like, you can still make the late Billboard livery, I've the cheatline one in the making.

7 hours ago, Fabo said:

I have a Pan Am bird in progress, though I tend to work in sort of bursts... get home from work, if I feel like painting, I'll get at it and get a lot done. Trouble is I never know when the next "burst" comes. Might be tomorrow might be in 2 weeks.

And if you feel like, you can still make the late Billboard livery, I've the cheatline one in the making.

Hey Peter,

I was never a fan of the Billboard livery.  If I paint a Pan Am, it'll be with the cheatline as well.  I'll just paint a different Clipper than yours.:wink:  One of my more memorable flights was a Pan Am 707 over to Rota, Spain when I was a dependent travelling with my family to my Dad's duty station there.  It of course had the cheatline as they never put the Billboard on the 707s.

Which Clipper are you painting?  I too tend to paint in spurts, and as the real world allows, so not sure when I'd get to a PAA anyway.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm just painting a generic 747... I'll probably make up a name. In any case, the more the merrier!

11 hours ago, EmperorRPG said:

Hello,

is this TWA repaint available for download anywhere?

It's not, but I sent you an IM with a link to her. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Oh Wow,

She would look GREAT in the old globe livery. Just saying :-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

10 hours ago, skyymann said:

She would look GREAT in the old globe livery. Just saying :-

I agree.....Was my favorite of the TWA liveries, I may paint her in the future. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg