Sign in to follow this  
mpanis

NOT FOLLOWING LEGS- LOADED FLIGHT PLAN

HELLO ALL

FLIGHT KMIA-KMCO. ADDONS USED EZDOK, ULTIMATE TRAFFIC, ASN, REX TEXTURE DIRECT. ROUTE KMIA HEDLY J53 PHK KMCO. SID RW26L BSTER 2 TRANS=HEDLY, STAR RW18R GOOFY6 TRANS=PHK.
THE LAST 5 WAYPOINTS OF THE PLAN ARE ODDEL-VECTORS-HAMMY-TUFFE-RW18R. I CHOOSE TO OVERWRITE VECTORS WITH HAMMY. EVERYTHING IS LOADED PROPERLY IN THE FMC AND ALSO VISIBLE ON THE NAV DISPLAY BUT THE FLIGHT PURPLE LINE ON THE ND DISPLAY GOES STRAIGHT FROM ODDEL TO RW18R. ALL THE WAYPOINTS ARE THERE AND VISIBLE BUT THE PLANE CHOOSES TO GO FROM ODDEL STRAIGHT TO THE RUNWAY. CAN THIS BE EXPLAINED? I ALSO OWN 777 AND THERE THE LINE GOES THROUGH ALL THE WAYPOINTS AS IT SHOULD.

IN OTHER WORDS THE QUEEN DOES NOT FOLLOW THE APPROACH LEGS THE WAY THEY ARE LOADED.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE AN ANSWER

Step through the flighplan with the ND in PLN mode and verify everything appears on the ND as you expect it too.  You didn't mention if you were using LNAV, and what the FMA was indicating.  In fact, I have to assume you are talking about the QOTSII or NGX but I'm not sure which.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Step through the flighplan with the ND in PLN mode and verify everything appears on the ND as you expect it too.  You didn't mention if you were using LNAV, and what the FMA was indicating.  In fact, I have to assume you are talking about the QOTSII or NGX but I'm not sure which.

I assumed the 747 since he posted this same post in the 747 forum.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.