Sign in to follow this  
anden145

Enroute LIML-EKCH ... Wow!

A new convert... (I actually uninstalled Prepar3D ... )

The IXEG 737 is simply an amazing plane! And with xEnviro and X-Plane 11 (pb15) ... what can I say. 
It's quite an immersfull feeling, I must say. The feeling of actually flying is fantastic in X-Plane. 

Took some screenshow below... 

2weea6x.jpg

1zpsdjs.jpg

2a0nqxl.jpg

15pn192.jpg

Thanks for watching... 

• Upvote 6

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I agree. I got into X-plane 11 for the beta, and have spent all my time in it since. Love FSX and P3D but this new sim seems to be something else and gives a whole new feeling. 

Bought the IXEG and made some Orthos, need to get some weather stuff and more airports now

Jim Schroeder

i9 9900k @ 5.0ghz | Gigabyte GTX1080ti | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3600 

14 hours ago, Anders Gron said:

The feeling of actually flying is fantastic in X-Plane. 

This is what I love most about XP- the planes actually 'feel' heavy, like you're actually flying a large piece of metal through a fluid. Even with the best P3D addon planes, like the PMDG 747 and Majestic Dash-8 which have bypassed as much of the default P3D flight model as they possibly can, I still don't get that feeling of realism. I even feel more immersed in the default XP11 C172 than the A2A version, a plane which I have a lot of real world experience in. Now all we need is an awesome weather engine. xEnviro, especially with the HD replacement cloud textures, is definitely bringing us in the right direction. 

Like you, I rarely use P3D nowadays. I feel bad leaving my newly purchased QOTS just sitting in the hangar, but I can never stick with P3D for too long before getting sidetracked with XP.

If you like the feeling of flying in XPlane that you get with the IXEG, try out the X-Trident Bell 412. I'm an airliner guy through and through, but I bought it on a whim a few days ago and I just can't stop flying it. In many ways, it's much easier to fly than any helicopter for FSX/P3D because it actually moves like the real aircraft would. It's my go-to light aircraft for exploring my new airports or orthophoto regions. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the suggestion. I will. Payware of freeware and where to get it? 
I have a great time in X-Plane. The flight-model is superior to Prepar3D/FSX and the lighting is whole chapter on its own...

I'm using xEnviro with custom 4k HD clouds - and they look really great! I'm missing the huge Cumulus that AS16 can produce, though... but I hope, that in time xEnviro (or perphaps SkyForce 3D) can make of for it... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

17 hours ago, Anders Gron said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will. Payware of freeware and where to get it? 

It's payware- currently $36 on the org store- http://store.x-plane.org/Bell-412_p_326.html

It may seem like a lot to spend on something you're not used to- but IMO it's worth it even if you take simple 'power-up-and-fly' flights to have fun without going into the systems. If you do, however, it's more than worth it. 

Regardless, you need to try a helicopter in XPlane. Keep an eye on the Daily Deals section on the org- some good choppers come up on occasion. Also, the freeware Bell 429 http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34702-bell-429-global-ranger/ and Mi-2 http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/20727-mil-mi-2-by-mins/ are also superb. 

Those are indeed some impressive shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.