Sign in to follow this  
huppel69

Long delay at start flight

Hi,

I'm trying the demo, up to now the product looks great but I have a few problems. I must say a lot of them seem to have gone with the 2.2.1.0 update but the biggest problem is that most of the times at the start of a flight I don't get any reaction. So I keep trying to request clearance, request engine start etc. And then suddenly after about 10 minutes I start to get reactions to all requests (so it keeps looping for a few minutes). Is this a known issue? Is there a way to prevent this?

Best, Marcel

No, this is not a known issue.

It's hard to tell from your description what the problem is.  If you are making multiple requests and then getting multiple responses, then you need to stop making multiple requests. 

If it's taking an extremely long time to respond to the first request, but then eventually it does respond, you may have inadequate Memory or CPU resources. 

Sometimes, strange problems like this are solved by running the program as administrator by right-clicking the file name or taskbar icon and selecting Run as Administrator from the resulting menu.

If that doesn't help, email me your log file and I'll try and see if there's something there that points to a problem.  I'll PM you how to find the log file.

Thanks,

Dave

I had the same thing happen to me this afternoon.  I will try another flight tonight and if it happens again, I will send in a report with my log.

Joe

Same thing here. Long delays even if nothing is running in the background. I usually disconnect and reconnect p2a  a few times. and then atc gets back to me..

Sounds like you have lots of other stuff running underneath. So you could perhaps change the priority of P2A. Then it would most likely respond more quickly.