Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Autothrottle and Joystick position

1 hour ago, Xiropillo said:

So you all recommend setting ALWAYS for A/T override and YES for showing thrust lever position?

Depends on what you want... I just let you know what makes sense to me. In that case yes. But preferences are just that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xiropillo said:

So you all recommend setting ALWAYS for A/T override and YES for showing thrust lever position?

I personnally use in hold mode only and no as setting. The reason is that I still want to be able to control the thrust during the descent in hold mode or to quickly thrust down to idle in case of rejected takeoff but once I have set my throttle quadrant to the takeoff power I just don't want to have to keep it matching exactly the actual thrust setting thoughout the flight especially on long haul in case my throttle would "wake up" from time to time and send spikes to the sim.

And the No option is because of the way I manage it above, I don't really need it. I set my throttle quadrant to match the takeoff thrust on takeoff, then I set it to idle shortly before the TOD. Then if I need to adjust the thrust during the decent in hold, it is usually to increase the thrust a little from idle in order to avoid the A/T to wake up to THR mode if below the calculated VNAV path and smooth the descent a little.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Actually, reading Romain's response, I must have mine set to A/T Manual Override as well, as I am doing exactly what he is doing.