Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Next project

Would PMDG developers accept a given poll with some options for choosing next project? Is already decided and secret? 

They even posted about it already if you take a close look into their older forum posts ;)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Apparently three different four engined aircraft on the go according to a recent post, so I guess they are busy.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

For what it's worth, we have our projects planned out well ahead of the release date of one of them. Moreover, the forum here is a relatively small amount of our overall customer base, so the views here in the forum would not necessarily represent the views of the entire customer base.

We're always interested to hear what you all think. All the same, don't assume that something expressed here is going to absolutely drive our decision-making.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

You should do a survey on your forum, on Facebook etc ... And take the proposal that has won the most!

56 minutes ago, JumboJet said:

You should do a survey on your forum, on Facebook etc ... And take the proposal that has won the most!

If companies made their major commercial decisions based on Facebook polls, they may not be in business very long.

• Upvote 3

No no I mean a poll with 3 or maybe 5 given options that PMDG were thinking about.

1 hour ago, Xiropillo said:

No no I mean a poll with 3 or maybe 5 given options that PMDG were thinking about.

Not sure what you're getting at here...

As I mentioned earlier, we're always interested to hear what you all think, but forum here is a relatively small amount of our overall customer base, so the views here in the forum would not necessarily represent the views of the entire customer base. Apart from something that would be seen as "neat" info, a poll here really wouldn't serve much of a purpose outside of that.

Apart from getting a quick, vague, and not necessarily representative idea of what the forum would want, there isn't much else that could be gleaned from it. We have quite a number of projects on our plate - many of which you all do not know about, along with the handful that you all do know about. Having a poll of the things we're already going to do seems largely pointless, as we've already determined we're going to do them. Using it to determine order isn't exactly based on community choice, either, as occasionally code/logistics decisions take precedence. Still...all of this neglects quite a lot of our customer base that doesn't participate here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, 77west said:

If companies made their major commercial decisions based on Facebook polls, they may not be in business very long.

I said wherever they are being followed by their community, it's just an idea! But whether Facebook or not, those who vote will be those who will buy or not. After it's just a suggestion, I pretend not commercial!

Have a nice flights ! :) ;)

What about staffing for PMDG? I understand it takes a dedicated team to produce these high-expectation products. Does the whole team have to be in full agreement with the next project? or do you hire and let go of people who contributed for specific projects? 

I swear on the planet Pluto I am not entirely looking for a job.

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Not sure what you're getting at here...

I refer to previous post that said that a poll was not a good idea for commercial decisions.

I agree that an open poll where everybody suggests different options would be complicated and far from PMDG direction as we all have different priorities or likes.

So I was suggesting a restricted poll in case that PMDG were having doubts between 2 or 3 options to develop.

Just daydreaming... But with your feedback of course I understand your point of view.

Thanks for explaining.