Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

DME Arc and radials - how to enter?

Hi 

I'd like to know how can I:

1. Enter a DME ARC to FMS with a fixed distance (e.g. 10 nm) around a VOR or airport 

2. Enter a radial from VOR or airport 

As far as 2. goes i tried PVOR but I'm lost on how to use it and manual is not too detailed in this area.

Since no one responded yet, I'll allow myself to ask another question which may simplify things. Let's take LGSM example (Samos), circling approach to either of runways.

I'd like to draw 9nm arc around VOR SAM (freq: 111.6 MHz) as in that case I will know when to make a turn from R160 to heading 358. I know I should fly final on visual but I want to help myself with ARC mentioned above. Additionally I would like to draw a 160 radial from this VOR - can anyone tell me step by step what should I enter in FMS and where?

Thanks. I actally realised that there is a systems description document in updated version in my q400 folder. I thought that you need to search for it online but it was part of the package and in newest revision way points are clearly defined. I'm at least able to place radials and non standard way points.  I am still searching on how the create arc but I think this fms is much less sophisticated than e.g. 737. 

I will watch the video though great tip thanks. 

The manuals are there for a reason :) .  You are likely to get a quicker response on the Official Majestic Support forums.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

7 hours ago, crosswind said:

The manuals are there for a reason :) .  You are likely to get a quicker response on the Official Majestic Support forums.

Cheers

Thanks but I found nothing about arcs in manuals.  I'll rely on YouTube vid .

Thanks all