Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Extract Airline Codes

Sorry if this has been asked and answer.  Is there a way to extract the airline codes from a scenery file?  

I'm looking to create a master list that I can easily refer to for when I land and want to park at specific airport.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

You can use ADE, and providing the AFCAD has built with airline assignments (most are) the you'd have them.

As an alternative, you could use sites like ifly.com (there are others buy ifly is international and really good) and look at the terminal maps section. They'll identify which termials and even which gates are used by different airlines. Anytime I make a flight to/from a new airport, I usually update my list which includes a screen shot of all the terminals and the terminal for the airline I usually fly (Delta).  I just copy and paste the text info as well.  When I pull up my list, I can quickly search for the Airport ICAO and I'm in business.  See the screen shot below.

Best wishes.

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Dave,

That's a start, but I'm hoping to find something that will scan a folder and extract the gate numbers and airline codes.

In my younger days I would have written it myself if I couldn't find it.  Unfortunately, I haven't touched a line of code in something like 16 years. :-)

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

You could open the airport file from its BGL with ADE,  like Dave said and then compile it to XML. Then open the XML file and use a smart text editor like Notepad++ to search for the gates' parking codes. Microsoft  Excel could also be used in this fashion  to create a text file  from the XML. Personally, I would just do what Dave said use ADE directly  to create your table.

Ernie,

The airline codes are also stored in the Little Navmap database in the table "parking".

You could open it using one of the many available SQLite tools and export it to a CSV, then to Excel or another spreadsheet.

The SQL query below gives you airline codes, gate numbers and gate names for all airports.

select a.ident as airport_ident, a.name as airport_name, p.name as parking_name, p.number as parking_number, p.airline_codes 
from airport a join parking p on a.airport_id = p.airport_id where
p.airline_codes is not null;

A bit easier than decompiling all BGLs.

Alex

• Upvote 2

Alex, I've thanked you before for both your work and ingenuity, but you deserve so much more my friend!

Thank you brother, you're one of those who give so very much to our community.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Yikes, I hope that the OP didn't want a list of airline parking codes for all the stock airports (considering that they don't have any). But that's a nice tip Alex, thanks.

Dave,

thank you for the kind words again. I'm just doing what I can do best and that's programming. 

Jay,

this will include the parking codes of add-on airports too. Whatever you load and see in Lilttle Navmap will be included.

Alex

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Yikes, I hope that the OP didn't want a list of airline parking codes for all the stock airports (considering that they don't have any). But that's a nice tip Alex, thanks.

Nope..

I'm aware that the defaults don't have them, but a lot of developers do include them and having access when I set up a flight would help me select the appropriate gate, rather than guessing or having to do an Internet search.

For Instance, I just discovered that in looking at KPDX in Google Maps it appears that all of the Q400s are parked at the 'A' terminal.

Pretty cool view..

Ernest Pergrem

11 hours ago, albar965 said:

Ernie,

The airline codes are also stored in the Little Navmap database in the table "parking".

You could open it using one of the many available SQLite tools and export it to a CSV, then to Excel or another spreadsheet.

The SQL query below gives you airline codes, gate numbers and gate names for all airports.

select a.ident as airport_ident, a.name as airport_name, p.name as parking_name, p.number as parking_number, p.airline_codes 
from airport a join parking p on a.airport_id = p.airport_id where
p.airline_codes is not null;

Alex

Thanks Alex,

I'll give that a try.  I've got a SQL Lite browser that I've used for some other apps.  

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem