Sign in to follow this  
Marcele86

Localiser dot not in the middle...

Hi,

I fly with the 737-800 on FS9 (old version) and the problem is when i try to make an ILS-approach, the plane stays on the right hand side of the runway and the localiser-dot stays on the left hand side instead in the middle when the autopilot is still not disengaged. What can i do to resolf this problem and really land the airplane? Here you can see an impression of the problem:

y3mL-FCMKZ3V3dtpFIb8A1PDcrjOCU5aDQm0zWWi

Hi,

Sorry the PFD is to bright on you screenshot to see anything.
What is displayed on the PFD?

And can you show also the ND in APP mode on the same screenshot?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Are you certain that the ground aid is for an ILS approach? There are some runways where the ground aid is for a non precision LOC DME approach, for example using OEV at LOWI, where you really need the charts for the approach to be able to fly it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Here you can see it with the ND screen. I selected the ILS frequency twice on com 1 and 2. Maybe i make a mistake to enter the right data in the FMC? This is on EGSS London airport, runway 22. The same problem i also have on EIDW, Dublin airport.

y3m67F8lS1U5DsPsrhcfUmQdhEU2UuGCP67G_ly7

I'm not sure what the screen shot command is for FS9 - I don't know if there is one.  But the FSX command is "V" (the "v" key). 

You could also search for a freeware screen capture program and use that. I won't recommend one as some have bloatware or other software that install along with them.

Maybe someone else knows of a good screen capture program and has a good link to it?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Press your 'Print Screen' button on your PC when in FS9, then go to your PC start menu and type 'paint', this will find MS Paint. Start that up and then hit paste (Control+V), that should paste the last thing you had on screen when you pressed your 'print screen' button, which in your case will be a pic from FS9. Save that image from Paint and you should be good to go.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

y3mAkypl-trtpZHw344VSa-xJZnD_cCKWZcRxmHW

Maybe now you can see what the problem is. The localiser is not centered in the middle. When the localiser becomes active it will stay for a few seconds on the center but it will not be stable. After that, it will go back to the left like you can see on the picture. The second picture is closer to the runway. Like you can see, it will not move closer to the center. The wind is only 3 knots.

y3marUIPvr-uCLIbb1Ldjy79PEe5DOp0fpl38ao6