Sign in to follow this  
ptyler687

CDI/NAV 1 toggle

Anyone figure out What Command can be used  to configure a joystick button to  Toggle the CDI/GPS button on the reality xp GTN 750 running in X-Plane 11.  

Reality Xp is running as a pop up window not as a installed Radio, Controling Nav 1 radio.. 

thanks in advance

This is a 'logical' function accessed via the touchscreen, not via a physical button (like with the GNS).

There is no other command than touching the screen therefore.

What did you intend to achieve with this kind of mapping?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have the GNS 750 as a separate window. and have to use the mouse to control.   My goal is to create the most Realistic environment as Possible.  So,  I like to assign a buttons/switches or sliders on my input devices if possible to eliminate mouse inputs.   In a real world Planes don't use mouses.  ;)

I was able to toggle the CDI/GPS button with the stock 172  530W.  Was looking for a way to control GTN 750 Too.

Paul

I understand, but the fact of the matter is that almost all GTN functions no longer are directly accessible via a bezel key, but only via a virtual input on the touch screen.

There is a provision in the real device (AFAIK) to connect various switches like PTT and CDI/VLOC but these are not implemented in our GTN yet. I'll keep this idea in our list though.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Update: in fact the code to support this was already in place in our GTN simulation, but there is no user-accessible control made available from the X-Plane plugin.

Nevertheless, reviewing our code shows a defect in the way we handle inputs like the CDI mode to function.

Note: the flaps and gear input used to modulate TAWS-A algorithm are working though (try to get down fast with gear retracted, and extend the gear to have the TAWS-A silence the warning!)

The good news is that we'll correct this, and try to find a way for you to consume the feature (probably a command or something). Just not expect this right away, but rather in the next update.

We'll take the opportunity to add a number of additional such inputs for the most advanced users!