Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Ultimate Live Traffic Preview

32 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Can someone provide a link to the Nico thing?  Google didn't reveal much

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3351.0

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As I understand, the Nico live traffic program is not good to represent airport AI traffic (during taxiing). That still holds true?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

As I understand, the Nico live traffic program is not good to represent airport AI traffic (during taxiing). That still holds true?.

Cheers, Ed

According to what I just read that's correct.  And also it looks like the airports I fly out of there wouldn't be much traffic.  I believe the program only injects traffic with transponder codes in the NAS (at least for the US).  This means a discrete code associated with a flight plan.  Many aircraft have local beacon codes assigned by tower or approach that wouldn't be in the NAS.  Also for your point a lot of airports don't require mode C while taxiing around.  Well, actually I think the AIM recommends this but many smaller airports/ATC don't have ASDE (ground radar).  

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wonder if they gash up the airline names in this like they did in the last version.

Couldn't help but notice the developer (like the blackbox duo) don't poke there heads In to say hi. Couldn't think why 

Be interesting how they are going to pull data.  especially on the ground 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

According to what I just read that's correct.  And also it looks like the airports I fly out of there wouldn't be much traffic.  I believe the program only injects traffic with transponder codes in the NAS (at least for the US).  This means a discrete code associated with a flight plan.  Many aircraft have local beacon codes assigned by tower or approach that wouldn't be in the NAS.  Also for your point a lot of airports don't require mode C while taxiing around.  Well, actually I think the AIM recommends this but many smaller airports/ATC don't have ASDE (ground radar).  

But if you don't fly with traffic anyway, what difference does it make if your airport is empty?  It's empty now anyway.

If you go on Flightradar24, every flight you see on the screen is injected into your sim.  You can filter it if you want to altitudes above and below your aircraft If performance is an issue.

My experience is a much higher FPS numbers and lower VAS consumption for the same amount of AI That would be generated by P3D.  The fact that P3D isn't doing the math for the AI releases the VAS needed to computer those traffic bold, and my FPS is up because, again, the CPU isn't bogged down flying AI.

It's free to try...works great in my opinion.  No cost to try but your time.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Interestingly, or worryingly, the two sets of "preview" screenshots posted don't actually show anything new at all - other than a newer interface.

All of the "functionality" present in those new shots is already present in Ultimate Traffic 2:

The Traffic generation settings i.e.target frame rate/distance to spawn ground aircraft etc is all in UT2
The tail number modifications are already in UT2
The traffic board is already in UT2
The flight map is already in UT2
The aircraft label options are already in UT2
The aircraft assignment/configuration is already in UT2

Also noted in the new screenies is:

a tab "Aircraft using generic Daedalus" (aaaargh!!)
and visible in the Addon Flight Schedule Information section the following - "A sample addon schedule is provided with utLive with 2 flights included...."!!

There's nothing on the "live" aspect at all whch I would have imagined would have been the first, and biggest, plus/selling/draw/feature of any new product.

I appreciate its early days.....I'm still hopeful, and surely there has to be a lot more to the new Ultimate Traffic not yet revealed....but after seeing these screenies I'm beginning to wonder if it's not going to simply be a rehash of UT2 for P3D (with the flight over water bug fixed etc.) which would be a huge disappointment to say the least.

Regards
Steve

Hi guys..I tried Nico's Live traffic, but abandoned it because of two main issues:
1 - No airplanes move in the taxiways in all non ASDEX airports (ex. Europe).
2 - Many times I saw airplanes flying fast above the terminals (like 1000ft) because of update issues.

Do you have these problems? Otherwise UT is my choice, as Live Traffic ruins the immersion to land on an empty airport when full of traffic in the air.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

58 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

It's empty now anyway.

It's not. I use WoAI in P3Dv3.4

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

36 minutes ago, stevem72 said:

simply be a rehash of UT2 for P3D

To me it seems to be the case here.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

If it has P3d compatible  models and a full complement of up to date liveries and schedules, I will probably upgrade.

• Upvote 1

Anyone notice they have more aircraft running daedalus paint jobs than aircraft with real liveries? If thats gonna be the case, no thanks.

• Upvote 1

UT2 used some of the same models as WOAI and MyT 6 use (with permission  of course). Will the new version do the same?

The big advantage (as far as I am concerned) with UT2 over standard BGL based flightplans was the much better behaved AI planes at startup. It really is quite annoying to see AI planes performing "Stuka dives" because they have been incorrectly positioned when close to an airport, or approaching runways from ridiculous angles/landing short/landing long (beyond the end of the runway) etc.That particular bug with the BGL based AI system should have been sorted out a LONG time ago.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

To clarify what UTLive is about (in a short summary)...

We do not mean to cause any confusion. It is not connected to a data feed, which is limited and does not have worldwide coverage and non-airline traffic.

The actual core simulation is completely rewritten to behave very different from its predecessor.

Of course some configuration settings are the same, but that would be obviously universal to this type of product. Generic repaints can now be toggled on or off is a new option, as well as other options that are that were not part of UT2.

Now, the live aspect, or you could say "living", is that cause and effect is factored into the simulator.

UT2 was completely static. Every step was hard-set in the data. You start at Tuesday at noon, you get XYZ. You start at Tuesday at noon again, you get the exact same XYZ. If weather was different, it would not matter.

The new simulation is not preset on data points at intervals along a route. Note the size of UT2. UTLive is actually considerably smaller because of the new engine. Maybe 66% smaller.  With the simulation engine using flight plans, it helps us have more fluid control of the world you see and are flying in.

A plane may be delayed because of weather conditions in various regions. There may be maintenance delays. And this effects the entire ecosystem. When a plane is delayed, it affects its arrival, and next departure. Bad weather in a region may cause many delays in another region that has good weather, as planes have not arrived yet. So the simulator responds accordingly, even to a single flight delay.

Each time you load UTLive, the experience would be different. It is not a static experience, it is more a "living" environment,

This is how the product is being built. We want more chances for you will see a plane along the real-world route you may be flying. We want it to be more of a real experience all-around for simmers.

Thanks!

• Upvote 4

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software