Sign in to follow this  
freded

How to tune NAV to ILS frequency

During a long flight I had to change my destination to an alternate and now, approaching this airport, I cannot see how to tune the NAV radios to the ILS localizer frequency.

When I press NAV RAD, the VOR L and VOR R have frequencies allocated to them, but ILS just says 'PARK'. How can I make the NAV show any ILS frequency?

Mark

Hello,

first off. In real life, you would when diverting select the alternate as your new destination. This can be done in two ways:

1. Go to the alternate page -> select your alternate (or input it if it is not in the list) -> select the right LSK next to this airport -> (to keep it easy) select DIRECT TO -> Select DIVERT NOW.

2. Go to the route page and enter the new airport as destination.

This will now update your arrival airport and you can not only have your ILS frequency, but your whole approach on ND. If you really want to set it manually refer to FCOMv2 11.40.30 where the limitations for manual tuning are stated as well as input method. Basically on most divert scenarios you should be able to type the ILS freq and front course and input it into the ILS field.

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777