Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Leaving Santorini

High quality freeware scenery and plane. Many thanks to the freeware devs!

33507854476_9802c06ea7_h.jpg

33507850226_4b08378ae8_h.jpg

33507849326_5505db3bac_h.jpg

32734207903_d824e07373_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Excellent captures...very nice island scenery...great natural lighting...love those!

HLJAMES

Nice pics Nils!  I have been thinking of flying there.  Where did you get the freeware scenery for Santorini?

Thanks!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Ha!!! I like this scenery very much (for obvious reasons :biggrin:). I've been there 4 times in real life, thus have taken a lot of photos and placed a lot of gas stations, small and characteristic chapels with the blue roof, windmills and even unfinished houses (like these) in their real location.

And the shown plane is also a lot of fun to fly.

These shots let like me to fly again to Santorini :happy:.

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Loved the movie!  Great stuff!  I wish I could be there.  Only a minor problem; I don't have X-plane.  I am using FSX.  If anyone knows of a decent FSX scenery, please let me know.

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

8 hours ago, Airbus said:

Loved the movie!  Great stuff!  I wish I could be there.  Only a minor problem; I don't have X-plane.  I am using FSX.  If anyone knows of a decent FSX scenery, please let me know.

Airbus

http://www.aerosoft.com/en/FSXP3D/Flight-Simulator-X/Sceneries/346/Aerosoft-Santorini-X 

or freeware: http://www.fsgreece.com/index.php/santorini-lgsr/ ..but i don`t know if it is the whole island.

48 minutes ago, JAT said:

Nice.

nebojsa

Thanks for your comments!

14 hours ago, uwespeed said:

Ha!!! I like this scenery very much (for obvious reasons :biggrin:). I've been there 4 times in real life, thus have taken a lot of photos and placed a lot of gas stations, small and characteristic chapels with the blue roof, windmills and even unfinished houses (like these) in their real location.

And the shown plane is also a lot of fun to fly.

These shots let like me to fly again to Santorini :happy:.

Beautiful scenery, being 100% Greek American, this is a place I really want to go to. It looks great, like a dream destination. I did a 3 week stint in Athens (Glyfada) teaching ex Olympic pilots for Venus Airlines in the 90's. I almost got to fly with them as a line check airmen in Crete, but the Greek FAA would not approve my US Pilot certificate for a work permit over European Union workers. Too bad, it would have been great fun in the 757. It was my first time to Greece and being a 100% Greek, they embraced the American coming home to his roots. But, they said you have to get to the islands...

8 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

But, they said you have to get to the islands...

Indeed.

By the way, on the island there are quite a bunch of such unfinished houses as I linked to in my posting above. I have only modeled the ones which were unfinished during all the years I visited Santorini and I assume they will never be finished. I find them kind of characteristic, although they are actually ugly, thus I decided to build also these "landmarks" :happy:.

What can also be seen on my photo: haze!! It was a sunny day with not a single cloud in the sky. The distance between the place where I was standing and the mountainside in the background is only 8 km.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...