Sign in to follow this  
Moonnerd

Recovering Acceleration after computer upgrade

Hello - I had a motherboard failure and had to get a new computer.  My FSX is the Steam version, and I was hoping my Acceleration came from there as well, but it did not.  I bought it about two years ago as a download.  Does anyone know where I may have purchased it from?  I would like to see if they could provide an activation code again.  I called Microsoft but they only support the disc version now.

If worse comes to worse I have the hard drive that the local shop could retrieve it from.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Rob

If you bought a download version of FSX and/or Acceleration from MS (as I did once too, as well as having the boxed version and the Steam version) you are basically screwed for getting those downloads back because they would have been from the MS shop, and they aren't listed on there any more (I know, I tried to find them), it's all X-Box stuff there these days, but don't worry because...

You don't need Acceleration if you have FSX-SE because FSX Steam Edition is a recompiled and tweaked up version of the FSX Gold Edition (including Service Packs 1 & 2) which in turn is comprised of FSX: Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration Expansion Pack. This means the Steam version of FSX includes all of the add-ons and patches etc which were ever available for FSX including Acceleration. You can check that if you like; you will find your Steam version has all of this stuff in it...

The Garmin G1000 flight deck featured in three aircraft, the ability to act as Air Traffic Control (ATC) for other online users, and the following additional aircraft: Agusta Westland AW101, Boeing F/A-18 Hornet, the Grumman G-21A Goose and the P-51D Mustang. additionally, the Maule Orion is flyable in your Steam version, which it originally was not in default boxed FSX. Multiplayer air racing as well as additional missions and graphical improvements in selected areas such as Berlin, Istanbul, Cape Canaveral and the Edwards Air Force Base.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you Chock!  I noticed those planes, but I thought there must be some other features in Acceleration that I needed to rebuild my FSX like before.  Thanks again - you just made my day.  I have all the files for my other downloads.

cheers -  rob