Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Power to Taxi

For about the past 3-4 beta updates, an excessive amount of power is required to taxi the default 737. Only in this last update, has the power needed to taxi gone back to a more normal setting. Still takes almost full thrust to get the 737 to turn if taxing slowly or from a stop. Also had a problem with the video slowing way down after a thousand plus mile flight. Almost like a memory leak. Could these problems have come from Windows 10 monthly update last week? They just sent out a new one today to fix a lot of broken stuff.

Terry

I will test for you later this evening. But I didn't have an issue with the previous beta. From memory 35% - 40% thrust to get going and then throttle back. 

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter for taking a look. Those numbers still sound high to get the aircraft rolling. My concern was in the turns when you do not want to be rolling fast so you do not damage the nose gear tires. That is when I really have to lay on the power to keep it rolling.

Terry

Hi Terry,

So I get on the roll at about 28% but very slowly. To taxi at a decent speed I need to add throttle to about 35% let the speed build up and then throttle back again to about 20%.

I know this doesn't help you but suggests that something else is  holding you back.

cheers

Peter

Thanks for the numbers. I think that when they worked on the ground friction problem, that might have added to or started this taxi power thing.

Terry