Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

FSDT products not working now and then

On 3/21/2017 at 9:18 AM, pedrotrindade said:

Uninstall and reinstall your addon manager

Providing that you have a clean update and easy update, last time I ran into some issues....Decent product but it could be pain updating it. Also I found not "compatible" with FSX gating system....For FSX would be HEAVY on FSDT would say to small....Go figure....But overall not bad...

I tried to reinstall with "run as administrator" but it stopped working twice/2 days in a row, so frustrated, one time the Couatl stop working when short approach to FSDT KLAX. Today GSX does not work when I loaded in Imaginesim Atlanta KATL.

Very frustrated and their forum only has one person around, just try to "vector" me around without any success of solving the problem.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I truly loath couatl...and am moving away from fsdt until they get rid of it.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

I truly loath couatl...and am moving away from fsdt until they get rid of it.

than i guess you be  moving  from other  addons  that use  couatl  as well:happy:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

39 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

than i guess you be  moving  from other  addons  that use  couatl  as well:happy:

Maybe so.

spacer.png

I had the same problem with KSDF , i couldnt get any help on their forums so i just got my money back thru paypal , fsdt has the worst support of any developer i’ve dealt with since i started simming in 95

John C

4 hours ago, HAmmer32261 said:

i couldnt get any help on their forums

You opened a help topic or just browsed the forum for help? If they can’t solve an issue via the forum Umberto will do a TeamSpeak session if needed to correct it. Where is your help needed thread on their forum?

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, HAmmer32261 said:

I had the same problem with KSDF , i couldnt get any help on their forums so i just got my money back thru paypal , fsdt has the worst support of any developer i’ve dealt with since i started simming in 95

strange  usually   the  dev  will  do a one  on  one  team viewer  to  fix  any issues  that  one has  and  for  you  to post  that  you didnt  receive  any  support  find it  quite  strange 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

strange  usually   the  dev  will  do a one  on  one  team viewer  to  fix  any issues  that  one has  and  for  you  to post  that  you didnt  receive  any  support  find it  quite  strange 

That’s precisely why I was asking Hammer for a link to the thread he started as I didn’t see any threads with that user name asking for help over there. With the exception of a few times where a user has had a very unusual or unique setup, Umberto is quite adept to getting things fixed.

What I'm even more surprised at is that Paypal would refund money for a digital download.  

If true, I can see that being a possible deterrent for a vendor to accept Paypal.

Ernest Pergrem

12 minutes ago, airernie said:

What I'm even more surprised at is that Paypal would refund money for a digital download.  

If true, I can see that being a possible deterrent for a vendor to accept Paypal.

yep  and  still  have  the  addon  still installed  as  well

Peter kelberg

I had this happen yesterday in P3Dv4 flight from KSFO Flightbeam to KLAX on approach the scenery went blurred landed no airport scenery went into setting then clicked OK scenery reloaded.

this has totally put me of buying more FSDT scenery and reading there forums they don`t work well with ORBX installed. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The problem is that for a lot of those affected this only shows up intermittently. Maybe in 20 tries the airport shows up 19 of them. But when number is 20 is after a long-haul flight, it’s incredibly frustrating. Couatl is just not reliable, and is opaque by design (it’s a copy-protection system after all). I agree that Umberto tries to resolve issues, but for the non-reliably repeatable issues like this there’s frankly no real way he can help. And it’s down to Couatl, which he’ll never drop. So here we are.

James

FSDT airports are truly fantastic and GSX is a must, but I have a great deal of frustration with them! I spend a heck of a lot of time trying to fix them, and I am constantly downloading and re-installing them. It's truly maddening. Flight Beam is wonderful and never have a problem. They are the best!

Bruce

The main reason for the airport not showing on arrival tends to be due to people using either one of those addons to disable scenery areas or doing it in the scenery library and had disabled the effected airport.

For FSDT airports or any of the FB airports that still use Couatl, it’s not necessary to disable them to save VAS but if you still do you must do the following.

1. Enable the airport in the library or in whatever scenery manager your using.

2. Start FSX or P3D and let it load completely.

3. Exit FSX/P3D and then restart it 

Once those steps are done there shouldn’t be a reason for an arrival airport to me missing or not showing.

I had this happen to me once years ago and it’s been mentioned by Umberto many times as the reason for arrival airports not showing as a lot of people where unticking the airports or scenery areas in prior flights, re-enabling them and not starting FSX twice to get Couatl to properly reload it.

Having said that, once it quit disabling their airports I’ve not had one not show up in the last 7 years. 

Hope this helps anyone having that issue.