Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Run Marker

When starting the engines on the v2 747-400X, you would see a magenta line on the EICAS engine management screen which would let you know when to open the fuel run switch during manual startup, approximately at 13.

I don't see how to activate this option on the v3 PMDG so I'm not sure when to open the switch during startup, i've been opening it when it gets to 2.0 but not sure if that's correct.

Can anyone let me know when I should be opening the switch?

1 hour ago, junkyspam7 said:

I don't see how to activate this option on the v3 PMDG so I'm not sure when to open the switch during startup, i've been opening it when it gets to 2.0 but not sure if that's correct.

When what gets to 2.0, James?

Manual start procedures vary with engine type. What kind of engine are you trying to start? e.g. Rolls Royce engines don't have a magenta line. You have to wait until your N3 reaches 25%  (or as close as possible) before putting the fuel on. Your starter may "run out of steam" and not reach 25% N3.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

JHW 

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

Hi John

Sorry, I was typing this from memory at work so I can't remember exactly what I'm looking at for the 2.0.  I will update this query with better info when I can!

4 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

I don't see how to activate this option on the v3 PMDG

Mess around with the autostart setting in your aircraft's equipment options, with the different engine types and have a look.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, junkyspam7 said:

Hi John

Sorry, I was typing this from memory at work so I can't remember exactly what I'm looking at for the 2.0.  I will update this query with better info when I can!

Sounds like it was probably N1. You should be watching N2 (N3 for RR engines). If you were watching N1 that might be why you didn't see the magenta cue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Mess around with the autostart setting in your aircraft's equipment options, with the different engine types and have a look.

Good idea, that way I will see when the fuel kicks in for each.  Nice tip, cheers!

4 hours ago, kevinh said:

Sounds like it was probably N1. You should be watching N2 (N3 for RR engines). If you were watching N1 that might be why you didn't see the magenta cue.

Cheers Kevin!