Hi,
Just to make sure that one can use MCE ULTIMATE with another voice program.
Why?

As Support tech mention in a previous email, MCE doesn't work well with PMDG within FS9.

Unfortunately I can't use FSX with my computers. Three for the view and one for panel only.

In a multi monitor config the views computer (i5) doesn't have enough power to show excellent sceneries. That's the reason why I choose stay with FS9.

The issue is, when you ask MCE: "turn right heading 250"
It shows correctly up left:
heading 250
But turn heading 163

In another hand, MCE works perfectly for ATC.

How does that sound to you?
What is your advice?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Hi,
Just to make sure that one can use MCE ULTIMATE with another voice program.

While it's possible to run other voice base programs alongside MCE, I don't think you will find one that handles the PMDG MCP dialling.

MCE is the only one that can do it.

Agree, 737 NG is far better supported by MCE under FSX & Prepar3D, but FCU should be handled. It's the overhead panel that isn't well supported

Have you installed all the necessary service packs for the PMDG 737 FS9 edition?

I assume you installed MCE to default X: Program Files (x86)\ folder and set "fs9.exe" to run as administrator.

The main reason for problems such as this, is that some of the fancier add-on aeroplanes (for both FS9 and FSX) have functions for the autopilot etc, which work by using custom-made programming routines instead of the built-in default flight simulator systems.

When custom programming like that runs outside of the main simulation, voice control add-ons may have no way to interact with what is controlling those functions. This is why you will see things such as default ATC working just fine with voice control when flying a fancy add-on aeroplane, but some of the controls for the aeroplane may not work via voice control. There is nothing actually wrong with the voice control software, it's just that it has no way to connect to a custom-made function.

There is no real easy way around that kind of thing unless a voice controller is specifically designed to access the custom made stuff which a developer has used in order to create their particular add-on aeroplane, and some of that is dependent on whether the developer of the add-on aeroplane has made it known to third parties how to connect with their custom built routines.

It can sometimes be as simple as a developer having used a different command in FS to implement a function, for example, they might use the 'wing fold' or 'lower the tail hook' animation function to control an animation for some engine cowling panels opening up, in which case you can easily assign voice commands to control those specific functions, but a lot of the time, it might be the case that such things do not use that method, in which case it becomes difficult to connect your voice controller to a particular function.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Quick question. In fs2crew, can you change for example the bug up speed? I've seen that the PM sets 205 in the 737. I'd like him to set 220 instead. Is that possible?

You might want to ask that in the FS2Crew forum.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1