Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Contrails not working anymore...

Hello! I use Precipit Fx since long time, it always showed nice contrails and the water effect on ground... But last flights I noticed they are all gone, I just have this ugly flat default contrails. Dont know since when this is happening. Tried to run the configurator tool for FSFX Packages and it always installed something, but no change. 

I dont reinstalled complete at this time, wanted to ask before doing so. Could this have something to do with Steves DX10 fixer, I think I changed something there a few weeks ago.

Any hints? Thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Can you post a picture of your VFXCentral > Preferences > Registry Editor page here?

Regards
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Jup, here it is

The path to my FSX install is correct.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Thank you for that, what aircraft are you flying?

Some aircraft developer will define custom effects to their aircraft and PrecipitFX, by default, does not override those values. If you want to force it, you can enable the "Override existing settings" option when Installing PrecipitFX.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It dont worked on the PMDG NGX... but I always have the Overwrite setting activated.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Try in DX9 mode, if that does not work, send me the [Effects] section of your NGX aircraft.cfg file

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42