Sign in to follow this  
jelder

Should we update Ortho4XP Overlays with newly released default scenery?

Ok despite my efforts to try to understand the XP scenery structure, I am sure I will be displaying my ignorance here.  If we used the default scenery to build overlays for tiles built in Ortho4xp, should we rebuild those overlays now that the files were upgraded by Laminar.  I believe they added additional data regarding building heights?  Would this change the overlay?

Thanks.

Jim

You'll need to recut the overlays again unfortunately, but it might not be a huge difference unless the OSM data is good. 

Is there anyway to use the batch build process in Ortho4XP to just rebuild the overlays.  I thought I remembered reading how to do that somewhere, but I have done some searching and have not been able to find an answer (it has been asked many times, but did not find a solution that works).

Thanks

Jim

If the tiles already exist in your Tiles folder then it won't completely rebuild and redownload the tile, so it's pretty quick to do.