Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Update fixed?

Been holding off on updating since reading all the problems people have been having.  I saw somewhere that PMDG said they were working on it.

Is it advisable to wait to update or has it been fixed?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

4 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Is it advisable to wait to update or has it been fixed?

There isn't much to "fix" really. We're improving things for people with awful internet connections, and over-zealous anti-virus, but we aren't really "fixing" anything. We're also making it a little more bulletproof (it'll download things to a temp location and check the file integrity before copying things over into your sim to ensure it doesn't overwrite a file with a bad download - due to aforementioned local/network issues).

Might as well try. If it doesn't work, just uninstall the 744 and re-download the original installer from your account.

Kyle Rodgers

The updates are fine.  The second one hosed my FLEXnet license service somehow.  It looked fine in the admin service center but gauges were black and all.  I had to uninstall and repair.  This time I turned off the MSSE, which oddly didn't do that before.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

There isn't much to "fix" really. We're improving things for people with awful internet connections, and over-zealous anti-virus, but we aren't really "fixing" anything. We're also making it a little more bulletproof (it'll download things to a temp location and check the file integrity before copying things over into your sim to ensure it doesn't overwrite a file with a bad download - due to aforementioned local/network issues).

Might as well try. If it doesn't work, just uninstall the 744 and re-download the original installer from your account.

If it does get messed up  and I have to reinstall (I saved the original installer) will I lose all my livery assignments or will I have to select them all over again?

Jack Sawyer

10 hours ago, Orlaam said:

The second one hosed my FLEXnet license service somehow.

This is impossible, as neither the OC nor the updater interact with either FlexNet, or your stored activation record. The black gauges were due to a corrupted dll (either due to your network connection between your comp and the Amazon AWS node, or AV interfering).

The end result looks to be the same, but is actually different, and I simply point this out so users don't try to go running off with their own assumptions on how to attempt to fix it based on it possibly being a FlexNet issue (which, again for clarity, it is not).

Kyle Rodgers

10 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

If it does get messed up  and I have to reinstall (I saved the original installer) will I lose all my livery assignments or will I have to select them all over again?

Yes, but the OC will know about your previously installed liveries and offer to repair the missing entries with a single button press. It's what we did during the beta process after the liveries started rolling out (and each beta required an uninstall/reinstall to be on the safe side).

Kyle Rodgers

FYI, I installed, fast and no issues whatsoever....made 11:00 hr (VATSIM) flight.....

On 3/21/2017 at 9:39 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Hi Kyle, just wanted to follow up with you.  I finally had time just now to update and test.  All went well, no problems updating and the 747 is just fine in P3D 3.4.

Thanks again for your outstanding support.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Kyle, just wanted to follow up with you.  I finally had time just now to update and test.  All went well, no problems updating and the 747 is just fine in P3D 3.4.

Really glad to hear it. Enjoy!

Kyle Rodgers

23 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Really glad to hear it. Enjoy!

Kyle, bad news.  I thought I had updated it but I did it just now.  Version 3.00.8189.

I let it run its entire course, waited till the DOS window went away and ran the sim.  All planes have no landing gear in eternal view and all cockpit screens are black.

Please advise.

Also, I have absolutely no AV on my system, never have.

Firewall off.

Jack Sawyer

29 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

All planes have no landing gear in eternal view and all cockpit screens are black.

FSXSE or P3D?  Install the simconnect modules per the readme file that came in the zip container for the installer you downloaded.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

FSXSE or P3D?  Install the simconnect modules per the readme file that came in the zip container for the installer you downloaded.

P3D 3.4

I first tried a repair using the original installer like I saw posted my Mr. Randazzo. No help.

Then I uninstalled it via the Control Panel in my Windows 7/64

Then I reinstalled it.  And I lost ALL my liveries!  ARGH!  For $135 this really annoys the heck out of me!

I'll see if I can get all my liveries back and there's absolutely NO WAY I want to run that "updater", it's rubbish!

I have read through the posts here and I can tell you I have ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NO A/V at ALL on this PC, NO firewall, NOTHING like that at all.  It have a very fast ethernet connection.  This PC is used for one thing only, P3D.

I'm sorry but at this point I have lost ALL faith in PMDG.  I bought the NGX and then the 747 and now nothing but hassles.

Jack Sawyer

I finally fooled with it and got it reinstalled and my liveries but what an unnecessary pain that was.

As for the "update."  Well, I do NOT trust it.  I don't know what other people are doing differently but can you please walk me through how to do it without it failing like it did or should I wait for an updated update.  I mean I did start a topic asking if it was okay to update after I saw all the horror stories.

Jack Sawyer

Kyle, brother, I eagerly await your bullet proofing.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:39 PM, scandinavian13 said:

(it'll download things to a temp location and check the file integrity before copying things over into your sim to ensure it doesn't overwrite a file with a bad download - due to aforementioned local/network issues).

Sooner the better, please sir.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png