Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Update fixed?

On 3/24/2017 at 8:30 PM, Boomer said:

Sooner the better, please sir.

Any new news?  Will it ever be safe to run the updater Boomer?

Jack Sawyer

Gentlemen,

I have a sollution you can try - I posted on this in another thread a little earlier today.

Don't just run the OC in admin mode, COMPLETELY DISABLE THE UAC and then open and run the updates, that worked for me.

Regards

10 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Any new news?  Will it ever be safe to run the updater Boomer?

17 minutes ago, Werner747 said:

I have a sollution you can try - I posted on this in another thread a little earlier today.

Don't just run the OC in admin mode, COMPLETELY DISABLE THE UAC and then open and run the updates, that worked for me.

Not relevant for me.  I dont have dll errors with OC in the first place.  In the second I always have UAC disabled.  But thanks.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Not relevant for me.  I dont have dll errors with OC in the first place.  In the second I always have UAC disabled.  But thanks.

Ditto.

Jack Sawyer

Anyone at all know if there's an update TO the update?  Or if there will be one?

Or can anyone walk me through how to update it without having to uninstall and reinstall it?

Has this been forgotten?

Boomer?

Jack Sawyer

On 3/28/2017 at 7:00 AM, Boomer said:

Looking at the downloader's log, or the command screen that pops up, which file is failing, or taking a while to download? I'm willing to bet the extension of the file that's getting ruined by a download failure ends with .dll. And in that case, it would actually be relevant.

21 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Anyone at all know if there's an update TO the update?  Or if there will be one?

Or can anyone walk me through how to update it without having to uninstall and reinstall it?

Has this been forgotten?

Boomer?

Just because we haven't posted about it continuously doesn't mean it's been forgotten. The changes required to increase people's speeds to distributed Amazon AWS servers are not insignificant. We're also implementing a file checker that downloads to a temp location, verifies all the bits came down in the right order, and then copies it into your sim directory (if the bits are correct). Patience, please. The fact that we're a bit silent usually means we're not messing about in the forum and working on various projects.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Looking at the downloader's log, or the command screen that pops up, which file is failing, or taking a while to download? I'm willing to bet the extension of the file that's getting ruined by a download failure ends with .dll. And in that case, it would actually be relevant.

Just because we haven't posted about it continuously doesn't mean it's been forgotten. The changes required to increase people's speeds to distributed Amazon AWS servers are not insignificant. We're also implementing a file checker that downloads to a temp location, verifies all the bits came down in the right order, and then copies it into your sim directory (if the bits are correct). Patience, please. The fact that we're a bit silent usually means we're not messing about in the forum and working on various projects.

Well, thanks Kyle!  Just posting that you're aware of this and working on it is all I needed to know.  Can you post back in this thread when it's ready as I don't frequent here too often.

Jack Sawyer

Um, hi guys,  It's been 18 days or more, was just wondering if the update is safe to do now or are you still working on it.  Please don't get angry with me for asking.

Jack Sawyer