Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Cost of getting fiber to your house

Cable broadband toronto area, I have 1gbps down and 50 mbps up, unlimited usage about $100us.

spacer.png

Chris, did you pay anything to get it installed? To be honest I'm not familiar with costs involved with cable broadband since we only have XDSL and fiber here where I live. I am getting fiber connection to my house anyday now and will try 1Gb/1Gb although I don't think it will improve my landings on Vatsim...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My entire area is cable broadband.  Rogers Cable.

spacer.png

In the UK from this month OFCOM have banned ISP providers from advertising using the UP TO words, this has been seen as a way of getting users on large data packages that they will never get, they must now tell customers what the best possible speed they can get, this can be down to how far you are from the nearest exchange or how many customers are on the same feed in your area, and are now no longer allowed to hike prices mid fixed contract you can give one month notice and terminate the contract. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg