Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

Sudden head bumping in views since last update

@Keven Menard

Since last update of Chaseplane a couple of days ago I get some annoying vertical axis bump type of shake every few seconds.

Its similar head movement as if i.e. driving a car and passing over a street bump/puddle. Sudden and quick bringing the head back to original position in a split second after the bump.

Its very abrupt and moves the head some (virtual) 10cm or so down and then up. It repeats itself every 5~10 seconds during the whole flight. Its prone to make you dizzy !

I played with the camera TURBULENCE settings, namely wind, since there was some wind around but it did not reduce much, almost not at all. I did not change any settings for this to appear anyway. they were all the same turbulence settings as before.

I tried it in flights with PMDG B744 v3 (where I have all PMDG turbulence disabled), and Majestic Q400. In both its the same behavior.

For Weather I have AS16+ASCA and during the above flights there was some 5~30 Kts wind en route above mainland areas but this is nothing different from the winds and conditions as in all previous flights and nothing (aircraft, weather input) has changed before and after the bump shake has appeared. Only change was the recent CHASEPLANE update.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Same here since a couple of days.

It seems more like a fps decrease with Chaseplane than a vertical bump. It happens approximately every 3 seconds.

When I close Chaseplane, eveythings back to normal with smooth fps. And the issue comes back if I restart Chaseplane during the flight (same if I restart P3D).

I have noticed the same bumping a good choice in terms. I found the only way to get rid of it was to take acceleration down to zero, this seems to eliminate it in the Q400 for me. I have not tried this in any of the PMDG aircraft I have.

@Keven Menard has something changed in the recent updates regarding the above phenomenon ?

From my side nothing has changed (apart from Chaseplane updates), same add on aircraft, same version of AS16+ASCA for weather.

I tried the last couple of days two flights with Eaglesoft Cessna CitationX and it happens also in this one so its not add on aircraft specific.

My turbulence settings are in the low range, nothing above ~ 1/5th scale.

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

We made a few modifications to the Acceleration turbulence type in previous updates. You might want to re-tune the Y slider to your liking. You can apply the change to all your presets for the selected aircraft by right-clicking the slider or by using the copy/paste functions.

Accels. > TUNE > Y

iEFV3Av.png

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

That worked for me thanks Keven.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

The "Accels." master slider was up to 3.00 in PMDG B744 v3 for some reason.

I played a bit with the sliders, set them back to what you indicate (set them also for all cameras and as default) and the effect seems to be gone.

Thanks.

@Keven Menard unfortunately I still get the instant bumps when there is wind/turbulence above terrain even though I have set the accel's sliders as above and presses the yellow checksign.

Anything else I can try ?

4 hours ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

@Keven Menard unfortunately I still get the instant bumps when there is wind/turbulence above terrain even though I have set the accel's sliders as above and presses the yellow checksign.

Anything else I can try ?

Tune it to you liking, the picture was only an example

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42