Sign in to follow this  
WT497

Please help me find the MD-11

Hello AVSIM,

I've always been a fan of the McDonnell Douglas MD-11, but could never afford a PC that could run it. As I now own a better PC, I decided to try and buy the PMDG MD-11, only to find out that it's not being sold anymore. Could anyone help me find a copy? All websites I've checked show it as "temporarily unavailable" (AKA gone forever), but maybe some obscure website I don't know about still has a copy or two. Perhaps someone that currently owns one but doesn't use it any more might even be willing to sell their copy to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Wesley.

P.S. If this is not the right place for this type of question, please tell me. I'm new to this forum.

Too bad user transfers are not allowed. So many of us have this beloved bird but unable to fly if your an exclusive to P3D. My FSX copy sitting useless. Would be happy to transfer to you if it was allowed. But not sure if the activation servers are even running for it anymore anyway

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

My FSX SE MD11 runs fine, activates no trouble.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

It's for fs2004 only

Oops! I didn't notice. Looks like OP is out of luck. I highly, highly recommend that he doesn't spend $300 for it on amazon. It's a nice plane, but it isn't $300 nice. 

Absolutely, people are clearly hoping to profit off it no longer being avalable by selling boxed copies for that kind of money (I even saw one for sale on ebay for nearly 500 Dollars, you could go on a real flying course for that kind of money lol).

Get the 737 NG or the 747-400 instead. They are just as much fun and won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ah yes, I probably should've mentioned that I only run FSX. $300 is too much indeed. I could spend a day in the MD-11 simulator in Germany for €350 (I live in the Netherlands).

If I'm going to be spending upwards of €50 I'd prefer it to be on my favourite aircraft. I guess I'm stuck with my simple freeware MD-11 then. :(

Thanks anyway for the replies.

Looks like the Amazon copy was sold already, actually. Doesn't show any available on my screen at least.

By the way, can you edit posts on this forum? There's no button where I expected it to be.

I have the boxed FSX version. I moved on to P3D and X-Plane so sadly, It's not any good any more for me.  PM me if interested?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Being Dutch, and having translated it without using Google Translate's interesting behaviour:

- Bol.com shows it as "currently unavailable," meaning that they've run out.
- AviationMegastore.com shows it as "no longer available with us."
- The German eBay entry does appear to be available, I'll look into it. Thanks!

18 hours ago, G7USL said:

It's not any good any more for me.  PM me if interested?

Per the EULA you can't sell or give away the MD-11. The license is non transferable.