Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PRO-ATC X and serious sound stuttering

Hi,

First of all, the reason why I'm looking for an answer to this question here is that the official support is unable to solve my problem and they try to lead any discussion into "we cannot replicate that"

Since the original release of PATC, I have been always having sounds stutters once I either contact a controller and have a response from a controller. I have been trying many options such as turning OFF AI communications, reducing the system load to 0%, following the sound set-up as per FAQ - nothing helps. With HT On and OFF I tried to play with the cores - again, zero effect.

I have i7-6700k-4.7OC (ht=ON), 980Ti, 2SSD, 16GB RAM, W7-64 PRO.

Would appreciate any suggestions regarding this matter.

Thanks
Dmitriy  

Are you using a virus checker? Try excluding the PRO-ATC directories from scanning.

René Moelaert

PMDG 744 Tech Team

13 minutes ago, fleng200 said:

Are you using a virus checker? Try excluding the PRO-ATC directories from scanning.

Excluded and  it set to "Run as Admin"

Have you checked your sound drivers are all up to date?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Have you checked your sound drivers are all up to date?

There are no sound drivers per se as I use Logitech G930 wireless headset which is USB-based and has its own Logitech driver. To avoid any potential conflicts I also disabled realtek soundcard on my PC, leaving Logitech is the primary and only sound hardware. No problems with other more complex sounds, such as Radar Contract, FS2Crew...only PATC has this stuttering issue.

The bitter irony is that with the latest fix, functionally PRO ATC now is a piece of cake....but those stutters are killing all the fun

Hi Dmitriy

I also have a logitech headset that has it's own external sound card on a usb. It isn't the same as yours but similar I think. I had no end of problems with it though not specifically with Pro ATC - mostly with A2A aircraft sounds. Anyway in the end I stopped using its fancy external sound card and just plugged the jack straight into my speakers socket and all problems were resolved!

Not sure if that will help in your case but worth a try I think.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

2 minutes ago, stufer said:

Hi Dmitriy

I also have a logitech headset that has it's own external sound card on a usb. It isn't the same as yours but similar I think. I had no end of problems with it though not specifically with Pro ATC - mostly with A2A aircraft sounds. Anyway in the end I stopped using its fancy external sound card and just plugged the jack straight into my speakers socket and all problems were resolved!

Not sure if that will help in your case but worth a try I think.

Cheers

Stu

Thanks Stu!

I will try your suggestion with the wired headset. However, if it's the only solution, I'll be missing Logitech Dolby surround and sub-woofer effects badly. 

Yeah I know what you mean and hopefully the problem you're having is related to something else. With mine, it just didn't play nicely with quite a lot of things so I had to ditch it. I can still use it for listening to music though so it's still there when I need it.

Good luck with solving it!

Stuart Furley

One note in the release notes of Version 1.8.7.9

[CUT]
On the full setup all sound files adjusted to 11.025 Khz. 8 Bit Mono (some were on 16 Bit), which makes the setup file a bit smaller and which probably leads to a few more FPS in the simulation when sounds are played.
[CUT]

This is only done if a full install is performed. Not on an update of a previous install. (Remember to save a copy/backup of the previous install if customization have been done).

Maybe worth a try?

54 minutes ago, doublem said:

One note in the release notes of Version 1.8.7.9

[CUT]
On the full setup all sound files adjusted to 11.025 Khz. 8 Bit Mono (some were on 16 Bit), which makes the setup file a bit smaller and which probably leads to a few more FPS in the simulation when sounds are played.
[CUT]

This is only done if a full install is performed. Not on an update of a previous install. (Remember to save a copy/backup of the previous install if customization have been done).

Maybe worth a try?

Thanks. I'm going to re-install and see.

I have P3D V3.4 and get around the stuttering issue by using manual descent settings..
At TOD "Request Lower Altitude" rather than "Initialize Descent" and you can let down with no stutters... when within range ask for "Direct To Waypoint" and select the first waypoint on the "STAR" and the controller will descend you to waypoint level and clear you for ILS... works for me [so far] while awaiting a fix.
Tony