Sign in to follow this  
OfficialLiovo

Low FPS in FSX-SE.

Hey!

I've recently been having some FPS issues with FSX, and I would like some tips on how to get better FPS (30+), and good graphics. (Not really low end graphics, or not really high graphics, just normal ones) NOTE: I don't really want to upgrade my PC at the moment.

Guys, I need help how to improve my performance in FSX.

My specs are as follows (brace for impact):

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My fsx.cfg is here: http://pastebin.com/raw/qPjxNh3P

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My In-Game FSX Settings

xfpLAuT.png

6XJXUtm.png

32CKlwO.png

vJTBWCV.png

FCi1yxX.png

I currently get 20fps average in the VC of the trike ultralight, at Friday Harbor in FSX, at daytime. Please give me some tips on how to boost my FPS!

Signed,

Jacob Passam

You could turn the water setting down.

What monitor do you have and what is it's native resolution? I'm not sure how much it would help lowering the resolution of the sim.

Have you tried limiting the frame rate? This is no CoD or Unreal shooter, it's a sim, no need for more than 30fps ;) YMMV unlimited works better for some users, but then again the sim decides what images to render and when & where "on the fly" no obvious pun intended. Locking the frame rate internally in-sim would surely free up computing horsepower. Again YMMV. It's worth a try just by moving the slider. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Deselect the Lens Flare setting, it impacts on FPS quite a lot on lesser computers with no fancy GPU. You don't need the Aircraft Labels on either, since you have no AI traffic. A big help will be to deselect High Resolution VC cockpit - VCs still look okay in lower resolution and doing that will definitely improve FPS. Could also try unticking Land Detail Textures too. And...

You might want to try getting this thing:

http://www.thefsps.com/fsx/fsps-fsx-fiber-accelerator.html

Unlike a lot of 'magical tips' you see online, this thing really does help to speed up FS on slower systems.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

All good tips above. I also want to mention turn off all shadows. Shadows can impact quite severely. 

Agreed, all good tips above. I also found this site helpful - http://c-aviation.net

Then click on FSX Tweaks

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Also, check the tutorials on AVSIM. Look at the right hand margin on the main forums page. Lots of good information.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Level of detail radius doesn't do anything on your frames so that can be on max, the same with mesh resolution, put that to 19m and texture resolution to 60cm.

Water to low 2x or high 1x cause this hits hard, rate at which weather changes set to off and autogen to sparse and then still the above tips without the frame rates limited, on a low end PC limiting the frames make things more worse. Maybe some fsx.cfg tweaks might help but post your cfg first so we can see what is or isn't in there already.

Herman

Try putting this in your [Terrain] section of the config file:

AutogenDescriptionsFilename=AutogenDescriptions_min.spb

It tells FSX to use the low density autogen, instead of the full density autogen (less variation in models).

The article says ESP, however ESP is just the commercial version of FSX SP2. I've tested the tweak myself, and got a framerate boost with it.

2 hours ago, magnetite said:

It tells FSX to use the low density autogen, instead of the full density autogen (less variation in models).

The article says ESP, however ESP is just the commercial version of FSX SP2. I've tested the tweak myself, and got a framerate boost with it.

Interresting, trying it now.

5 hours ago, magnetite said:

I thought I would also try that tweak.  For me it does not work (FSX-SE) as every time you click Fly Now FSX crashes during the Loading Terrain Data...

Remove it and all is good.

Regards, Dane

7 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

I thought I would also try that tweak.  For me it does not work (FSX-SE) as every time you click Fly Now FSX crashes during the Loading Terrain Data...

Remove it and all is good.

What about putting it in the [scenery] section?

1 hour ago, magnetite said:

What about putting it in the [scenery] section?

Tried in [Scenery] section and no crashes, very slight improvement in FPS but there were a few more stutters than before.

Regards, Dane

19 hours ago, magnetite said:

if you read the whole article then this doesn't do anything if put in the cfg, the normal spb is only used for a few trees, the mid to, from default the min.spb is used for most trees so to gain anything from this you should disable the normal and mid.spb files in the autogen folder but I don't know if FSX still will start or crash.Just tested it and FSX crashes if you disable one of the 3 .spb's.

Herman

Edited by electricman
tested

From the article:

These are variations of the AutogenDescriptions file that reduce the rendering complexity of the vegetation. Which file is used depends on the AutogenDescriptionsFilename setting in the [Terrain] section of the ESP.cfg file.

The ESP.cfg is fsx.cfg if I understand it correctly ?