Sign in to follow this  
OfficialLiovo

Low FPS in FSX-SE.

UPDATE: I've tried some tips, and they've not worked. I've reinstalled my FSX and my FPS has gone from 30 average to 15 average in the VC of the default a321.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:16 AM, electricman said:

if you read the whole article then this doesn't do anything if put in the cfg, the normal spb is only used for a few trees, the mid to, from default the min.spb is used for most trees so to gain anything from this you should disable the normal and mid.spb files in the autogen folder but I don't know if FSX still will start or crash.Just tested it and FSX crashes if you disable one of the 3 .spb's.

Herman

I didn't delete any files from the folder. Just set the AutogenDescriptionFileName to the min version and started FSX.

I guess the tweak might be system dependant. 

Good to see that he solved his problem though.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, magnetite said:

Try putting this in your [Terrain] section of the config file:

AutogenDescriptionsFilename=AutogenDescriptions_min.spb

It tells FSX to use the low density autogen, instead of the full density autogen (less variation in models).

The article says ESP, however ESP is just the commercial version of FSX SP2. I've tested the tweak myself, and got a framerate boost with it.

What this does is leaving a lot of trees out, most of them that have also canopies and has the same result putting your autogen slider to "sparse" hence the framerate boost but not exactly a good find since it can be accomplished with a slider to. The trees with canopies are hitting more on the frames then regular trees so what you could do is go with ORBX HD trees which has deleted the canopies in the texture folder or you disable all the canopy entries in that folder yourself but the trees with canopies are sparse and not to be found everywhere so in areas that don't have them you won't gain anything.

Herman